ASH26-W setup help

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
phoenix79

ASH26-W setup help

Post by phoenix79 »

I cannot get the app past the point where it is asking to give the device a password. I have already connected to the hotspot, but it acts like I'm not. Please help
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: ASH26-W setup help

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

So I know very little about this device but I will try to help the best I can..

After installing this camera/Light, you install the Smart Home app on your phone, Then you would Register your device, Click on the + in the Top right corner, This will then Turn on a QR scanner you can scan the code on the light or if you can not reach the code now because of height issues you can enter it by clicking Enter SN Manually.. Once it does this it should show in App that it is a ASH26. Sadly after that I don't know what steps, You talk about a Hotspot and I know my AD110 Doorbell camera uses a Hotspot, System says that Hot spot is enabled. If for some reason I can't get with it after Scanning, (This might be what you need to do) Pull down on your phone screen to bring up your WIfi spot of your phone, then click on wifi and look for something that looks out of place or named ASH26 but might be something else, Then try and connect to it, If it is the right device it should let you and then you can move on to the next step, should be where it ask you what Device you want to connect the Ash26 too (SSID) then enter the password for the router, then it should if has Voice prompts say that it has connected, make a name for your device and then put in the admin and password, First time it should ask you to update to a better Password. Once your done click on Live View..

ONe thing there should be a Green led that is blinking so you know that the system is ready to make a connection. Once connected the Camera should go from Blinking green to a Solid Green..
Be Safe.
Fleegle

Post by Fleegle »

I have the ASH26 and if I recall, once I scanned the code, I was able to talk to the device via phone and complete the rest of the setup to tell it what wireless AP to connect to along with its password. Once the camera has that, it will reboot and connect to the AP. From there you should be able to use the app to monitor and get alerts.
phoenix79

Post by phoenix79 »

Meant to post this last night. Had it all typed up and closed my browser before hitting submit
Revo2Maxx wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:08 pm After installing this camera/Light, you install the Smart Home app on your phone, Then you would Register your device, Click on the + in the Top right corner, This will then Turn on a QR scanner you can scan the code on the light or if you can not reach the code now because of height issues you can enter it by clicking Enter SN Manually.. Once it does this it should show in App that it is a ASH26. Sadly after that I don't know what steps, You talk about a Hotspot and I know my AD110 Doorbell camera uses a Hotspot, System says that Hot spot is enabled. If for some reason I can't get with it after Scanning, (This might be what you need to do) Pull down on your phone screen to bring up your WIfi spot of your phone, then click on wifi and look for something that looks out of place or named ASH26 but might be something else,
There is a step here missing. I can see the blinking green LED, I can scan the QR code and see the ASH26 in the app, I find the hotspot on my phone and connect to it. It sees it as an ASH26 and gives me this screen:

I populate the fields and then it says that it failed and to check that I am connected to the hotspot which I still am. I have not been able to get past this screen to where I select a SSID for the camera to connect to.

Thank you for trying to help.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hummm Ok while I can''t say I know what is going on. I will guess this!

Have you tried to Give it a different password then the one you first tried or the ones that it failed? While I don't know for sure but I know that there was some talk about some Special Symbols that really Amcrest has a dislike for at least in the past.

So I will just say that I have heard from another person that gets on the Forum form time to time that they had an issue with a ! and I did try to add one to my password and while it did work after some time I started having connection issues, I removed that adding another one in its place keeping the same number of characters to see if it really had an issue with number and I didn't notice any other issue and I have not used the ! since. I have heard others mention that from one place or another after the fact they removed the ! and issue went away for them. SO if your password has one maybe try a different password. To get it setup I would just do a Test password and replace it later. 1234abcd+ or do the + between the numbers and letters.. Anyway just an idea. Letting you get that far tells me the server in the camera is working
Be Safe.
Fleegle

Post by Fleegle »

I can say that my password does not contain a "!" but does have a "*" and "#" in the password and it seems to work fine. Be sure that you have at least one alpha lower case, upper case and a numeral. Not to say it should have it but just makes it a little more secure. I run a 9 character password with no issues.
phoenix79

Post by phoenix79 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:50 pm Hummm Ok while I can''t say I know what is going on. I will guess this!

Have you tried to Give it a different password then the one you first tried or the ones that it failed? While I don't know for sure but I know that there was some talk about some Special Symbols that really Amcrest has a dislike for at least in the past.

So I will just say that I have heard from another person that gets on the Forum form time to time that they had an issue with a ! and I did try to add one to my password and while it did work after some time I started having connection issues, I removed that adding another one in its place keeping the same number of characters to see if it really had an issue with number and I didn't notice any other issue and I have not used the ! since. I have heard others mention that from one place or another after the fact they removed the ! and issue went away for them. SO if your password has one maybe try a different password. To get it setup I would just do a Test password and replace it later. 1234abcd+ or do the + between the numbers and letters.. Anyway just an idea. Letting you get that far tells me the server in the camera is working
This at least got me on the right track. I didn't have a ! in my password, but it did have spaces. Removed them, and it worked fine. I just wish it had given me an error stating that instead of looking like it had disconnected outright.
Fleegle

Post by Fleegle »

Its the small details in the instructions or lack thereof that can drive you bonkers. I wish some manufacturers would be more specific on their password requirements. But its good practice not to use a space. Underscores will probably work.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awesome I am glad things are going now. It can be hard at times to know what is wrong within almost all devices these days.

So for the Future now I know to bring up the ! and (Space) to try and help others that might have setup issues. Thanks for letting us know that it is working and the issue.
Be Safe.