ASH26 Motion Detection Recording Issue

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
ctreff

ASH26 Motion Detection Recording Issue

Post by ctreff »

So I have a ASH26 Floodlight Camera installed with a 64gb SD class 10 card but when I look at the push notification the video plays 2-3 minutes before motion in field of the camera. The event clips stops when the motion is detected. I have tried multiply hard resets and nothing has been totally successful. Anyone have any suggestions?
Juncho78

Re: ASH26 Motion Detection Recording Issue

Post by Juncho78 »

I'm experiencing the same issue. I've switched out the floodlight with a replacement to see if that will fix the issue but no luck.

Has anyone fixed this issue?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hate to say it there is a lot that goes into this ASH26. For me one of the biggest issues I had was with the light in all truth. So here is an idea to try. First while this is going to be a pain it is best to do to make sure any changes that was made and forgot isn't over looked and that is Reset the Camera back to factory. Then log in to the camera after setting up, When you log in change your setting mode for motion to not be in the wild blue yonder. (In truth the camera should have limit line of sight) I have set mine to see past where it should be really and because of that I have it only setup with 4 or 5 lines of lower part of the grid.

I also think next for testing as most people I have talked with outside of the Forums that I have either helped install or after talking to them within our local social group took my advise to buy it. Found that most of them were only having issues with the night time motion. So for testing if your issue is mostly at night. Click on the Flood Light settings and change to Schedule and turn off the light full now full time. Meaning don't let the light come on, then test the cameras ability to record. Once you find out that the camera works well with the light off, Click on the Floodlight again, click on Motion event, then click on the motion zone, and reduce the range from 100% or what ever you have it setup for down 50% or lower.

Another issue that came up is setting the light to long and when the light would turn off it would record again send notice and there was nothing there to record.. So while this don't work for everyone I have mine setup for 1min Flood Light time. Very rare do I have issues with recording after the fact..

I personally think the issue is Motion Light related picking up long distant motion for flood light and that turns on the recording then when motion is active the record time is at the ending point. The flood light motion sensor is very sensitive to even motion behind the camera if not installed with a wall backing it. I also really wish the light when it goes off there was no wait for IR to return and B/W because for my location it is pitch black until the IR kicks back in and IRC clicks over to B/W. I have a POS camera flood light that when the light goes out it is in B/W with IR on Light comes on IR off and Color at the same time. Difference is Amcrest is Flood Light and camera not 100% connected to 1 control board and my POS unit the camera board controls the light/IR and camera all in 1.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Juncho78

Post by Juncho78 »

I'm still dealing with this issue and support via Amcrest has been pretty unhelpful. The motion alert recordings still starts with about 2 mins of recording *before* the actual motion event and only the last 10 seconds is what's important (the motion-triggered event). Even then, I should see more than the 10 seconds... I should see another 20-30 seconds ideally. This happens both during the day and night.

I've worked with a support engineer about 10 months ago and after troubleshooting a ton, they've determined that they need to provide a firmware upgrade. There's no timing on the firmware upgrade because frankly, I don't think this is a priority for Amcrest.

I've tried Revo2Maxx's suggestions in this thread but it hasn't resolved my issue.

Can anyone provide any additional suggestions?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So after seeing your text, I did some more testing and now my ASH26 is acting this way. (My Camera starts to record only after the camera switches to IR) For me it don't matter much because I have it connected to a NVR and it records full time on Sub Channel and motion on Main. Because I use for alerts I don't get much motion events because I normally turn off my Motion on cell and doing so turns it off on the NVR as well. Really wish Amcrest would make a Analog camera flood light. I have one from a different company already just was saying..

I will pass this along and see if we can't get something going at the R&D to get a FW update to get it fixed. This isn't good for people that don't have a Full time NVR..

I would say Setup ASP and use ASP PC-NVR. However my ASH26 will not connect to my ASP without being connected to my NVR.. I don't understand that either because all of my other ASH and Smart home Products connect to ASP without first being connected to a NVR?
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Juncho78

Post by Juncho78 »

Thanks Revo2Maxx. I'd appreciate any nudges to Amcrest's R&D team to establish a firmware fix for this. I've worked with support more than 1 year ago and they agreed this is an issue and had no ETA on the firmware fix. When I followed up a few months ago, they had no update to share.

I'm frankly not holding my breath that a fix will come out at all and considering switching to a different brand that is willing to keep products up to date. I'm disappointed that taking a chance with the Amcrest ecosystem has not really panned out for me.