Ash26 Floodlight. Light activates but motion recording does not.

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
kope007

Ash26 Floodlight. Light activates but motion recording does not.

Post by kope007 »

Enjoying these floodlight Cameras so far. Still dialing in the settings.
I notice during the night the lights will go on, presumably from motion, but the camera does not record anything. Is this normal? I assumed they worked off of the same motion detecting. I am currently using the default setting of "3" for motion sensitivity.
Thanks for any insight.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Ash26 Floodlight. Light activates but motion recording does not.

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

So the Light and Motion for the Camera are on 2 different motion grids need to make sure that you have setup the motion and that it is Enabled for recording. Have you tried your Micro SD card full time recording and checked back to make sure it is good? If your Motion is active and grid set for camera recording then it should record if it don't I would try another MSD card to be safe..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
kope007

Post by kope007 »

So I am using all default settings currently. I do get motion recordings during the day, with no light activation (light sensor on). I also get some recording at night, just not Everytime the light activates. It just seems the motion detection for the light is independent and more sensitive than the motion detection for the camera. If this is just how it is, that's fine. Just want to be sure I'm not doing something wrong. I would prefer it to record every time the light activates.
Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well for me when I setup mine I noticed that the Light would come on when the Neighbor came out the back door, So I went and moved the grid in so the Light don't come on anymore outside the area that I want protection to be working.. In the app it says changing setting of xyz might make the camera record but not activate the light (Turning the 3 to 5 or 6) if memory serves me right could be 4 and 5 not sure didn't look... Either way light coming on can make the camera start recording seeing it could be thought of as Motion..

Only thing I don't like is that the IR and Camera don't change at same time so there is a few seconds of darkness after the light goes off.. I have another light Camera that the Relay for the IR and the Light are on the same relay so when the Light times out and the camera goes back to IR so does the camera and the change is instant.. But I have other cameras in the area of the ASH26 so there is always coverage anyway...
Be Safe
robobro

Post by robobro »

i am having a simmlar issue here.

i have just enabled continuous recording on my cameras and throughout the day i'll get a motion indication every 4-5 mins on a camera i have pointed at a back ally with some traffic.

in the evening time, granted there is less traffic, but still plenty happening back there, and i get no recordings at all. it seems like the motion detection with IR or when it's dark is not as reliable.

i have my camera set to sensitivity 5, in order to capture as much as possible.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So a couple of things to point out. 1 might want to change the Sensitivity back to 3 or your light might not trigger at night when you are expecting it to. 2, what is the distance from your light to your back area. While I will admit I had to tame my area down because it was getting picked up by my next door neighbor that is 60-80 feet away but what is the distance. Don't try to expect to much from your cameras if they are placed to far away from a scene your trying to capture.

In this picture below I am showing an area that I know my camera can pick up in the red and will even reach out to the door. Anything past the red lines it may or may not pick up that info and record. However to be honest if you want to record fulltime it would be better off setting the ASH26 on a NVR or setup ASP to be your recorder for the camera. Just have to keep in mind with ASP computer has to be on to record. ASP don't have to be on as long as you have PC-NVR setup to auto log in and you have ASH26 setup in PC-NVR for recording..

The Blue area in my picture is where I have my camera setup to detect motion for recording however I do have it setup full time recording to my NVR so I can review anything at any time if I have a need. This camera is sitting on Ch15 of my NVR and not something that I monitor. However is useful if I need to follow something that has happen in one of my other cameras that is heading to yet another camera with this in between. I can follow and listen to anything that the camera might pick up from Mic. Once the event gets to the last post another camera or couple will pick up the footage and so on. This cameras main use is light at night for my pups when they go out to use bathroom. Not 100% critical to my Security footage just a filler.
Screenshot (4380).jpg
Screenshot (4380).jpg (980.69 KiB) Viewed 909 times
Be Safe
robobro

Post by robobro »

thank you for the response, you seem to be the most active person on these forums :)

I've changed my cameras back to sensitivity 3.

i've enabled continuous recording and so far i'm getting motion detection / recording as expected.

the area i'm covering is MUCH smaller than what you're showing. I'll let this run for a day / night and see if there is any chance in the frequency.

I have the motion sensors connected to a home assistant instance so i can see a timeline of when they trigger.

My expectation is that every time there is motion event, i should see a video recording / timestamp in the amcrest app timeline. the way that it shows motion events on top of continuous recording is quite nice and if that is how it needs to be run to get all of my motion events then that's great