Ash26 Floodlight. Light activates but motion recording does not.

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
kope007

Ash26 Floodlight. Light activates but motion recording does not.

Post by kope007 »

Enjoying these floodlight Cameras so far. Still dialing in the settings.
I notice during the night the lights will go on, presumably from motion, but the camera does not record anything. Is this normal? I assumed they worked off of the same motion detecting. I am currently using the default setting of "3" for motion sensitivity.
Thanks for any insight.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Ash26 Floodlight. Light activates but motion recording does not.

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

So the Light and Motion for the Camera are on 2 different motion grids need to make sure that you have setup the motion and that it is Enabled for recording. Have you tried your Micro SD card full time recording and checked back to make sure it is good? If your Motion is active and grid set for camera recording then it should record if it don't I would try another MSD card to be safe..
Try to Avoid CCA Networking Cables They are JUNK PERIOD!
Where there is Life there is Hope
James
kope007

Post by kope007 »

So I am using all default settings currently. I do get motion recordings during the day, with no light activation (light sensor on). I also get some recording at night, just not Everytime the light activates. It just seems the motion detection for the light is independent and more sensitive than the motion detection for the camera. If this is just how it is, that's fine. Just want to be sure I'm not doing something wrong. I would prefer it to record every time the light activates.
Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well for me when I setup mine I noticed that the Light would come on when the Neighbor came out the back door, So I went and moved the grid in so the Light don't come on anymore outside the area that I want protection to be working.. In the app it says changing setting of xyz might make the camera record but not activate the light (Turning the 3 to 5 or 6) if memory serves me right could be 4 and 5 not sure didn't look... Either way light coming on can make the camera start recording seeing it could be thought of as Motion..

Only thing I don't like is that the IR and Camera don't change at same time so there is a few seconds of darkness after the light goes off.. I have another light Camera that the Relay for the IR and the Light are on the same relay so when the Light times out and the camera goes back to IR so does the camera and the change is instant.. But I have other cameras in the area of the ASH26 so there is always coverage anyway...
Try to Avoid CCA Networking Cables They are JUNK PERIOD!
Where there is Life there is Hope
James