ASH21 ports closed until ethernet plugged in - bug?

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: ASH21 ports closed until ethernet plugged in - bug?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly I can't say what the issue is.. as I said I don't have shared IP for my Ash21 I have one that is showing for Wired and one for wireless...
Allowed IPC 10.0.0.17 9C:8E:CD:2A:7B:FD Wired
Allowed Ash21 10.0.0.18 9C:8E:CD:2A:81:D9 Wireless(NETGEAR71)

Currently I have them both on the allowed list because after testing I added it back to being allowed in my Router.. Please note that the Mac Address is different because they are 2 different Ports and have different address as a Mac Address is programmed by the maker.. The one that says IPC is one that was over wired and when I setup the Wireless I named the connection Ash21 and I could name the other as such I have left it as it was installed...

So again sadly I can't say why your IP is same and what the cause would be.. I am going to guess by the dialog here then it must be defective and might want to get a RMA for a replacement...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
talormanda

Post by talormanda »

@Revo2Maxx - My IP address is not shared. I have a separate MAC for wired and a separate MAC for wireless. Each MAC address has its own unique IP address. The same setup as you.

Image (https://i.imgur.com/WGmoFZP.png)
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok well I am sorry I was only going off your first Picture that you posted showing On and Off and both of them show 1 Port Ip address ending in 79

So I am guessing that it is as I said... Plug in cable the Port for Wireless close and only able to use ip for wired... As stated I didnt' look back by who sorry memory isn't good enough to remember without looking there is something in the docs that talk about 1 active port... Even though it can still access over that IP address I am going to guess just as I said it is really not going over WIFI but is going over the wired connection if plugged in...
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Darn lol.. I took to long can't edit Maybe 10 min isn't long enough for the edit..

Anyway Mac address and IP address that are Internal address only for your device why do people hide some of the data?

Serial Number that is easy why because to many people would be trying to hack your camera if they had the SN that is a given... But funny thing is if you don't want your Ip camera SN to ever be seen 2 things will need to happen.. Don't buy one to start with lol.. Or Don't use any Free Wifi to access your cameras over any connection because that is displayed in Open text when doing so..

First 3 pairs belong to a company strange how the last 2 pairs can have so many combos out there However that isn't the only Mac set of addresses used for the Amcrest cameras and recorders..

Maybe people know something I don't about Mac addresses Just wondering?
Be Safe
jazzmonger

Post by jazzmonger »

I can confirm this MAJOR BUG. What a drag. I just bought 5 of these and will have to return ALL of them. They won't even connect to the Amcrest NVR's which I have 2 of, not to mention any home automation systems like home assistant.

Here's proof. Nmap #1 is with the ethernet cable unplugged. Nmap to the SAME device with the ethernet cable unplugged and all the ports close and are unavailable. WTF? are these engineers really that lame? This is about as basic as it gets. So much for their claim "The most advanced camera ever produced by Amcrest". False advertising for sure.

Any Yes, I'm on the "latest" Firmware which appears to be April of this year. And Yes, I used Wifi ONLY setup. I've tried pretty much everything, all setup methods, and regardless, the same behavior from the Wifi connection ports. Unplug the ethernet and all wifi ports are FILTERED, meaning not working. Plug it in and they work. Lame.
nmap.png
nmap.png (75.07 KiB) Viewed 8916 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

WOW ok now I see what is going on.. I just reset mine and set things back up and now find that mine also is the same as listed here Where I was able to connect to my NVR on Wifi I no longer can after setting up.. Plug in all ports open and even though the Camera Ip I try and access on Wifi only (didn't connect) once plugged in not changing IP leaving it on my Wifi IP it connected

So I have sent this off to Amcrest and this thread Link
Be Safe
talormanda

Post by talormanda »

Sorry you didn't understand before @Revo2Maxx , but I am glad you do now. I have filed a support ticket and have not heard back.
talormanda

Post by talormanda »

Just an update, I received a reply from support via email and they are involving the R&D team to help investigate the issue. Good progress!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awesome was out mowing the lawn I too heard back that they are going to look into it as well..

Sorry I have lots of cameras I mess with and seeing Resets are a pain I didnt think to reset the Ash21 until this was working but then after reboot no work then understood more of the issue and also looked up active ports so yeah what a PITA... Sorry I wasn't trying to be
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

jazzmonger quote:
jazzmonger wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:41 am ...Yes, I'm on the "latest" Firmware which appears to be April of this year...
I wonder if that has something to do with the problem. My WIFI ASH21 works and has firmware dated 2019-11-06.