Ash21 on NVR full screen no Picture

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Ash21 on NVR full screen no Picture

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello anyway have this issue or is it just me lol...

No Picture on Full Screen of the Ash21 on a NV4108 or other that you own?
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Ash21 on NVR full screen no Picture

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well done more testing and so far not 100% sure I like this camera after all.. lol...

So While I like the idea of it returning to start location when you have Motion tracking on... I have found a flaw that I guess I don't understand at this point...

Main reason I removed the Samsung and not any other camera is because while it does record and I can see footage of recorded footage even though I have it going to FTP and also going to MSD on the camera I like to have the ability to see it with other cameras However I can't see it on 9 ch Mode and in 8ch mode can't see it unless I move it to CH1 spot of the Display that is larger output.. SO I was told that it was because Amcrest Don't support my Samsung Camera...

So anyway I took off the Samsung put on the ASH21... Video shows up in the 9ch Display. It shows that it is recording and when there is Motion I get the Little motion Icon.. So I thought today ok lets play back some footage off the NVR... *FAIL*
So I don't understand... I can't see anything when I try and make the Picture full screen, I can't see anything on the screen when I run cameras in 8ch, 4ch, 1ch anything from the ASH21... So I even tried to play back the footage that recorded. You get the ability to view 4 cameras... I tried it with only 1 showing in small screen, 4 showing in small screen and making it full screen while I see a Bar for recorded footage I get now playback output from the CH ASH21 is on all others play just fine....

Reason I mention the Samsung being removed in this post is because I was told that it wasn't supported even though I have the ability to run the Feed in Samsung Encoding I run it in Onvif and while I can't see it in 9ch mode, I can see it in Full Screen and my Playback of the Samsung works when I play back that Ch... Yet this ASH21 can't playback and won't display the ch on any mode besides CH9 mode....

So at first my Thoughts was this is a Great Camera.. While it does have some nice features and I have been getting notices of Humans now without changing any settings.. I think it just wanted some warm up time lol... For now on a Scale of 1-10 and 10 being the best I can only say at this time I have to give it a 5... Before I would have said 8.5 to 9 however for me At This Moment I don't find it much more then a Stand Alone Camera with ONVIF
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

I guess your tests are when using NVR monitor. ASP appears to work the way you want with liveview and playback from an ASH21 SD card. You could see if ASP works when accessing ASH21 through the NVR , but that may not be how you want to access it.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I don't know... Sadly I don't want to use ASP but I guess I could connect it to only the ASH21... I have Connected it VIA wifi and again same issue.. When it is on my NVR in 9ch mode and the camera in ch7 I can see just fine the Output of the Camera.. However over Wifi or Over Eth0 Port there is no play back no recorded footage even though there is a bar and can't play the view in Full screen or anything over the small Multi Screen...

Come to find there are more with the camera that I don't like while it is connected to my NVR so now I have removed it from the NVR and only using Smart Home app for some more testing... Over NVR also when you go to PTZ little movement even only 1 time will keep the camera going like it is detecting motion and go around non stop to the end stop... Had to unplug it to function again right...

Did a Factory Reset and where the MSD slot and reset button is isn't the easiest thing to Reset this camera...
Be Safe.