Ash21 - Cant delete clips off SD card through Software

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
bradyapba

Ash21 - Cant delete clips off SD card through Software

Post by bradyapba »

Love the camera and App for the most part. Fits all my needs, was easy to set up and use. (except for having to format the SD card to fat32, and trying to get it in that tiny slot with my big hands).

I love being able to record locally, not needing the cloud. But heres my issue. I cant see any way to manually delete recordings on the SD card through the app. I can download them. I can share them, But i cant delete them.

I can delete the events they make. But not the video themselves.

Am I missing something? I would like to be able to delete videos as needed. Looks like the 128gb card I put in, will hold months of videos are my current use. I dont want to have 1000s of videos on a camera that could easily be stolen.

Do I have to take it out and do it manually? That would defeat the whole purpose.

I believe this camera will over ride oldest videos once the card is full, but I dont want to have to wait for that.

Any thoughts or guidance would be appreciated! Otherwise I am happy with this litte camera.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Ash21 - Cant delete clips off SD card through Software

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum.. Sadly that is one bad thing about the Cameras and most of the ones I own even my Recorders don't have that option.. I would need to go back and look over them all.. I am not sure any of them other then one of my OLD Cvbs Hikvision OEM has the option.. That unit is from 2010.. Still own it just don't look at it much anymore. 2 Hik OEM 16ch Recorders one being a TVI, both from same OEM company and the new TVI unit don't have the ability to Delete either.. So only option is to do a Format and or have the Machines Over write older recordings..
Be Safe.
bradyapba

Post by bradyapba »

Thanks Revo! Guess I just assumed it would be easy. SD card is a hard drive basically, should be able to delete from it. Just like you could if it was in your phone as storage, or a video camera, where you can delete pics/videos right from the camera.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Understand... I am not sure if you have seem the MB on the NVRs or DVR today.. I am going to guess that it is limited to things that they can Program into Linux and maybe just a guess here but maybe that would require more space more memory and different core type CPU to make that add in... My old DVR is same width as my new TVI dvr however the MB is much smaller. I never looked up the Ram in any of the machines.. I am just guessing as I said that maybe to add in the function took up to much ROM space and say maybe it took 70 lines of code with only 28 lines open if you get my meaning..
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

@bradyapba
You can't delete single files on SD card of any Amcrest camera with standard Amcrest software. Here's another possible solution:
In Smart Home app, export whatever videos you want to keep, then go to Storage Status - Format, and you will have a nice clean SD card.
Amcrest Surveillance Pro can also be used to export videos to PC. Go to Playback, select ASH21 camera, select date and search. Then select which videos to export and click Export icon to export all selected videos to PC.
bradyapba

Post by bradyapba »

Thanks Revo, makes sense.

Thanks Jack. Yeah, I had figured out that method. Its more like, I need to delete some videos rather than save them. I use it to keep and eye on my elderly parents, and my dad has severe dementia, and their are some things it records, I would just rather delete. Its not a big deal, but an option that would of been nice. - Chris
Jake20

Post by Jake20 »

they still have not added a delete option after years of asking for it?