ASH 26 siren not working

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

ASH 26 siren not working

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I am not sure if this is an issue with the camera or if this is a software issue with Amcrest or not. I mean my Ad410 siren works so I would think if it was a Software issue and contact with the Servers that neither of them would work. So then I will admit something that did worry me a little when Installed the MSD is the placement and function of access. With my snow this winter I wonder if maybe the camera has water damage and why it won't turn on the siren? I tested with my Wifi and I tested on my Cell wifi and both fail to start the siren. I can still access the light on the app.

Anyway anyone other then me have an issue with turning on the Ash26 siren?
Be Safe.
robobro

Re: ASH 26 siren not working

Post by robobro »

I'm having the same issue.

when i try to activate the sire in the app it give me a warning, then a message that says "Talking Now"

consequently, when i try to use the talk function is is also not working.

firmware is up to date and everything else seems to be fine.
robobro

Post by robobro »

While we're at it.. .this is still an issue, even with the brand new ash26 i installed last week the siren does not work on motion detection or manual activation.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I can't say. I would if I were you start with 2 things. 1 reboot the camera. and try again. If that don't work reinstall the Firmware and test again. I know that I had some issues with it some time ago. I mean it has been over a year and that isn't an issue now. I can make it go off with no issues. Now I will admit at times I have to reboot the camera when I try to make some dog leave the area where I have my camera installed. However once I reboot the Siren works without fail today. So not sure why you are having issues. As I said first off I would reboot the camera.
Be Safe.