ASH 26 delay between White light and IR after motion.

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

ASH 26 delay between White light and IR after motion.

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So wondering if it is just my camera or if it is a Design issue? So when my Floodlight camera goes from Color back to B/W the camera goes into a Total Darkness time? Why this is strange? To be honest it is because there is already a lot of IR in the area. While the image looks good for the most part even in a long distance away the IR that is cast by the other Cameras or Blasters in the area makes a good scene..

So is it that the IRC filter takes to long to switch from day to night and that is why? Is it only my camera or is this a Programming issue that could be dealt with on a FW update?

So I ask because I do have a Cheap Stand alone 1080P Light that works with IR and Daylight leds... That camera is very fast when the camera switches form B/W to Color at night and back to B/W there is no delay in Picture.. I am wondering if maybe on the Stand alone one the Camera's IR and the cameras IRC filter are on the same Relay?

Either way it should not be an issue with making an update if this is how all of them are.. That would Delay the Light going off after it has switched to B/W flipping the IRC filter back to night mode! I mean already know it could seeing that the camera is in B/W when the light first comes on, Then it switches over to Color.. So in all truth it could be programmed to Switch back to B/W with IR filter in night mode before the white light turn off..

What is your Thoughts?
Be Safe.
nixhome2020

Re: ASH 26 delay between White light and IR after motion.

Post by nixhome2020 »

My ASH26-W does the same thing at night, where it goes black for a few seconds as transitions from color with the floodlights on, back to B&W.

I also have two other camera's in the backyard, that are up against the house right below my ASH26-W, one faces east, the other west viewing the sidewalk up against the backyard of the house (The ASH-26-W faces North and DOWN at the sidewalk.

I'm mainly watching for wildlife, racoons specifically that use our property as a 'highway' all night long until sun rise.

As a racoon approaches from the west, the Wyze Outdoor Camera facing west can be seen emitting it's IR as it dectects the movement of the racoon, shortly thereafter the ASH26-W will turn on it's floodlights, then after no movement, I see a blackout on the ASH26-W as it turns off the floodlights and returns to B&W

On a related note, it takes my ASH26-W camera 8 seconds to switch to color after motion is seen to start showing the video in color. I wonder if that has anything to do with the IR from the Two Wyze cams seen by the Amcrest ASH26-W
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: ASH 26 delay between White light and IR after motion.

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well it is really hard to say to be honest.. Out of my Devices I have 1 that is IR with a Floodlight that stays B/W at night unless I setup the camera to just remain color.. Normally that is how I would use it however where it is located right now that wouldn't work well because it is Pitch Black at night in that location.. It kind of works like the Amcrest light Ash26, in the sense that the PIR is only setup to work the Light and Motion is what Triggers the Camera for recording when setup as such..

Now I do have a Cheap Generic Light Camera that has 16ir and 32 white leds that works instant b/w to color and that is because it don't use a PIR it only uses the camera to turn on the white leds. The Camera board gets power at the same time as the IR/White leds are powered, It uses a Micro Controller and a Relay to swap the IRC filter and turn on and off the IR or White LEds.. Because it shares this Relay for control if both the light and the cameras IR filter it is instant..

With the Ash26 it works different.. IT is kind of setup like a normal Motion light with a added Camera function. Everything I am going to say is going to be Pure Speculation seeing I have not look under the hood of the Ash26 and only guessing buy how it is working for me.. When connecting to 120v there was a Pigtail in the body that moves power to the Camera and the lEDs.. The PIR from what I can tell is just like all other PIR for a outdoor light. It has the ability to work with a LDR and if I remember right can even be setup to bypass the LDR (LDR Light Dependent Resistor) Meaning if I remember right looking at the setting in the App someone can make the lights turn on day or night with motion..

So what this means for the camera, There is going to be a Power supply that is under the Plastic housing inside the body that changes the 120v to 12v or even 5v maybe.. This will power the camera, Wifi and Mic/Speaker. If you are out there next time and you wait for light to turn off you will hear the cameras IRC click about 4 to 6 seconds after the light goes off or maybe 8 as you have said. That is when the camera is moving the camera back from Color to B/W. This is just a setting within the Cameras software like if you look at other cameras from Amcrest or others that have the ability to setup how long before the camera would switch from B/W to Color back to B/W after being in color..

Was going to try and upload a picture to show the setting in one of my other cameras for better understanding but the Forum issues won't let me upload pictures right now..

Main thing is the function makes it so the camera isn't going in constant loop of changing from B/W to color and back.. Also head lights going around corner or something like that won't cause your camera to change from one to the other so that is why there is a delay.. With any hope maybe a Update can change the Delay to something that would keep it to a better timing so it isn't blacked out after light goes off...
Be Safe.