App not finding AD110

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
lordbah

Re: App not finding AD110

Post by lordbah »

Well that was weird. I made a post here, then later it was gone. Then the forum wouldn't recognize my username/password. Had to reset. Anyway ...

With the new transformer, the chime no longer chirps. Still can't Add Device in the mobile app though. Working through that with support. Got the obligatory "reinstall the app" response out of the way. I also did a hard reset of the device. So hopefully it gets bumped to someone who might have a useful suggestion.

Meanwhile my MicroSD card arrived and I have a new problem. When I insert it, it goes all the way in but it won't "latch". If I close the flap, the card just pushes it out. Nothing wants to go right ...
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well hate to ask but did you ask them for a older App Version as I had posted in my first reply? The issue is as I said before at one time there was a problem with DB being only format for Doorbell, Then the AD410 came out and it is ASH. So they had to fix it so people with the ASH SSID in the doorbell could add it. My guess is that they then made an update and some odd reason the DB format was omitted by that version. So asking for an older one would be the fastest route so they can get a new UP into R&D that can take some time. Faster to ask for older version..

About forum log in. Yes after a reset of the forum it seems that there are issues with log in. at times people are getting something about bad format or something. I cleared cache a few times today just so I could log in.

Sorry for the issues hope they fix it soon..
Be Safe.
lordbah

Post by lordbah »

I did ask, no response yet. The downloads section on amcrest.com just points to the Google Play Store.

There is a site out there which appears to have versions back to v3.2.1 dated Nov 2019. Is that old enough to be pre-ASH? I don't know how trustworthy the site is though. Did anyone happen to keep checksums of old versions? (the phrase "long shot" comes to mind)
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Personally as I have said to others that were pointing people to that site I wouldn't do it myself. There is to much things that could go wrong. Even though some people have reported that it worked for them. I have an issue with that because of all the BS that was going around for years where people would do that (That was fake accounts of your friends) where they were like oh you can win 14000 dollars you only need to contact xyz I did it and got my money today.. Scam is a scam and I don't want to be scammed and don't want to promote others to try something that might get them scammed.. So if you do DL from one of them websites do so at your own Risk. I wouldn't take anything that wasn't from Amcrest..
Be Safe.