App keeps giving "Connection timed out" when adding device (Doorbell AD110)

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
MostHated

App keeps giving "Connection timed out" when adding device (Doorbell AD110)

Post by MostHated »

Hello all,
I am having an issue where the app keeps giving an error of "Connection timed out" when adding the DoorBell (AD110) device. I have tried hard resetting the device, I have tried 3 different phones, but every time it's the same time. I connect to the doorbells hotspot, set everything up, it says device has connected to the network from the device speaker, then the app says it is adding the device to my account, but that is where it always times out.

If I unplug the doorbell for a few and it turns off, then I turn it back on, it comes back with a solid light and says device connected, I can see the device has an IP, I even see the device communicating over UDP to 8.8.8.8, but that's all that ends up happening.

Since the device is connected to the network, is there a way to add the device to my account by some other means? I can't really think of anything else to try at this point. Everything seems to do what it should be doing, but the account side of things isn't working.

Thanks,
-MH
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: App keeps giving "Connection timed out" when adding device (Doorbell AD110)

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

So sorry I have to ask. Is your system (Router) setup to have to give access to new devices? I ask this because when I setup mine just now after doing a Reset, I removed the Mac from my Trusted list of devices on my Router., Removed the Device from my App, I then added the device back like new. It took me 3 Resets for some odd reason it kept asking me for the current password but isn't connected anymore so that wouldn't work lol.. Anyway after I got my phone to understand I wanted to setup like NEW. I went through the setup and got to where you did and Even though the camera says it connected ( only to my Wifi) that I setup for it because I didn't give it access to the internet the system fails after that and I get a Connection Timed Out error.. However I then Give it access to the Internet and the camera gets added..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Next thing, If there is not internet, I can access the camera over IP on my local network without it being added to my account if that is what your asking. I think doing this and I have not tested the long running part of that but I think the long run it will keep trying to finish the setup and add and might keep just saying Connected to Network over and over like every 5 min or so. That can also happen when the cameras configuration gets changed and camera gets upset and will need to be Reset a Reboot won't help..
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

LOL I reset yet again wanted to test something out but got ahead of myself and wasn't able to but I am sure seeing the device does register on my network just not given access to the internet.. Anyway The test I wasn't able to do but I know works because after doing the Reset while the device is online my NVR, I setup the camera still not giving it access to internet. However once the connection to network happened on the camera it did return to live view on my NVR. So it can work without as long as you get the Connected to Network.. Also able to run the camera on my Network without access to internet, Only issue is when the Doorbell button is Pressed there will be no Ring into your phone. Also while you can hear the camera you will not be able to talk to the camera.. But the Ad110 does work like the AD410 on the Amcrest View Pro once you setup on your network using the cameras IP address.. Hear but not talk with out having a Connection to the Internet. With connection on the View app it will work both ways. Just saying..

Anyway, In app, Once it says start over if you give the camera access to the Internet you don't have to setup again. Just click the +, Then scan the camera, It will ask for the password you setup with, then it will add next screen comes up and ask the type of Doorbell you have, IF you don't please make sure to Skip that screen there is Skip at the bottom. If you don't skip you risk Bricking the Device and or blowing up the Power supply or both..
Be Safe
MostHated

Post by MostHated »

I don't have anything setup to block internet to any devices, and it seems like the device is connecting out in some fashion for DNS, but that is all I am seeing.

I have reset the thing a dozen times, but the result is always the same. Technically, I don't want it to connect out to anywhere in the first place, I was hoping to use it via API with Home Assistant/Node-Red and capture the video to my Unraid server, but reading from other people who have used this model in that fashion, they said you need to set it up in the app first, so I have not tried any other steps for anything additional yet, minus trying to see if I could get any sort of communication via the IP using /cgi-bin/Config.backup?action=All, but that timed out, so I have just let it sit here on my desk since.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok sorry asking dumb questions but I don't know so have to ask. You have made a Amcrest Smart Home account? My guess is that you have seeing you get to connected to network. Have you made sure your phone connects back to your network?
I ask because setting up again from reset. This time I connected to one of my connections I don't have password on it. So after making connection with report I connect to that ssid camera connects I can see in router but because phone don't make adjustment to account I get that error.
So next dumb question sorry but if you press button on camera does anything happen? No adding nothing should happen if button is pushed.

Also don't have to keep resetting camera you got the connection in network there is issue with your phone making the camera to server account add. As I said before starting over to add camera it will just ask you for the password you last set it up with. Also if new camera and old Fw from like v1 time forget the number don't make your password with ! In it it was problematic
Be Safe
MostHated

Post by MostHated »

Ok, looks like I finally got it connected. I wish I had tried the steps one at a time, as I am not sure which one fixed it. I have not had to restart my router in a while, as its a Asus RT-AX3000 and is extremely reliable, but I did restart it. I also tried changing the password, it originally had an @ symbol in it, but I changed it to a $.

I also had a suspicion that because my router has 'smart connect' features, that might have had something to do with it, as it combines the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands into a single SSID and will auto-connect you to whatever it deems best, so perhaps a separation of one device (the doorbell) on 2.4ghz, and the phone connecting to the 5ghz might have caused issue, but at the same time, I had yet to turn that feature off. That was going to be my next step if it didn't work.

Glad it finally connected up at least, and I definitely appreciate you taking the time to offer such in-depth information and responses.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Glad to hear you got it added..
Be Safe