Android app , local storage download location

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Jake20

Android app , local storage download location

Post by Jake20 »

In the smart home app when I click download on a video it completes but I can't find the video anywhere on my phone.
Anyone know the download location of videos on Android?
I want to format my SD card but wanted to save a few of the videos first.

Thanks
GaryOkie

Re: Android app , local storage download location

Post by GaryOkie »

My downloads save to internal storage in the DCIM folder.

On an older version of SmartHome, they were saving to a zencam/*/video folder
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Here is something I would try.

Click on your SH App icon, Then click on the bottom right where it says account, then click on My Saved Files, Then click on the one you just thought you DL, at the bottom of that page click the little icon and something should now pop up saying that you Downloaded or Exported your file. Then for me fastest way to find my files is looking at the Resent files. Personally don't know why to DL to phone there seems to be nothing that can play the file on my Samsung 21 Ulta anyway even though they are MP4 files that is DL'd

You can in that area bottom right, then my saved files you can play the image from there as well.. For me I don't use the app much all recordings going to my 4216E-AI NVR..
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

The only way I can get a playable event video mp4 file is to use the Smarthome app SHARE icon and send the event video to email, Google Photos, or Google Drive.
Jake20

Post by Jake20 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:25 pm Here is something I would try.

Click on your SH App icon, Then click on the bottom right where it says account, then click on My Saved Files, Then click on the one you just thought you DL, at the bottom of that page click the little icon and something should now pop up saying that you Downloaded or Exported your file. Then for me fastest way to find my files is looking at the Resent files. Personally don't know why to DL to phone there seems to be nothing that can play the file on my Samsung 21 Ulta anyway even though they are MP4 files that is DL'd

You can in that area bottom right, then my saved files you can play the image from there as well.. For me I don't use the app much all recordings going to my 4216E-AI NVR..
Thanks i am able to play it from my files within the app. appreciate the help!

jack7 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:42 pm The only way I can get a playable event video mp4 file is to use the Smarthome app SHARE icon and send the event video to email, Google Photos, or Google Drive.
yea, seems like that is the only way i have found also now. thank you for the help!