Amcrest SmartHome App Notification Delay

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
WildWilly

Re: Amcrest SmartHome App Notification Delay

Post by WildWilly »

The replacement AD410 suffers the variable delay too. If others have thus problem please contact Amcrest and let them know its not an isolated issue. You can respond to this thread since I seem to have gotten some small modicum of attention. At one point I believed they were addressing the problem but it seems that may no longer be the case. I will save my support frustration remarks for another post.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I will admit that for a short time after people had reported there being a delay and I didn't see it myself. For a week I was getting a delay. However all events as of now seems to be as it happens. However I do have my Human Grid out about 30 to 40 feet and I get the alert at the time I look to the monitor and I seem them laying the package down. So there is a little delay, Not much more then what I would say is normal for me anyway..
Be Safe.
WildWilly

Post by WildWilly »

Wish I could say the same. I still get delays. My human grid is only looking across the front porch, a distance of only about 6-8 feet.
CraigJP

Post by CraigJP »

I also have the same issue with the AD410. The latency is extreme and inconsistent to the point where I would not recommend this product to anyone.
I would hope that Amcrest addresses this issue ASAP. Web reviews can be very damaging to a product's reputation.
WildWilly

Post by WildWilly »

I've been working this issue with Ancrest for months and they have now officially given up. Their "experts" want to attribute the issue to something they have not investigated at all (user's ISP or phone service - see below), despite my offer to link them in to my account. Weak, very weak.

Below I quote from an email I received from their "escalation team", with whom I was connected when I left a 1-star review of the AD410 on amcrest.com.

"I have a response from the R&D team. They have looked over the logs on their end, and can find no evidence of delays from them. Their theory is that the delays are a result of issues with users' ISP or phone service.

There is unlikely anything more that can be done I'm afraid, as if the R&D team cannot identify a source of delays from within our system, then there is not a lot that can be changed to address the issue, especially since it only seems to affect certain users."

WildWilly

Post by WildWilly »

I resolved the notification delay issue by replacing the AD410 with a Reolink Video Doorbell Wifi. It has no noticeable notification delay. It's unfortunate that Amcrest was unable to fix the problem.