Amcrest Smart Home "Server" down?

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
mbster

Amcrest Smart Home "Server" down?

Post by mbster »

I have had my AD110 since December and it has worked well. The unit hasn't had to be reset and stayed connected to wifi like a champ. However, something very odd (to me at least) happened on this past Friday. For some reason, the ring light began to flash blue nonstop. I checked my phone app and it said the doorbell was not online/not connected to wifi. Fine, I first did a reset to connect to access point to check/reconnect to wifi. It worked, got it to see connected to wifi but then it flashes blue again. Checked the phone app, and again, it said not connected. I then tried to do a factory reset. Same thing as before, connected to access point, and it worked, says connected to internet (or whatever). However, the next step to add the unit to the Smart Home app failed. It could not be added at all. I've tried this whole process FIVE times and same issue. VERY ODDLY, I'm able to see the live video from the doorbell on my Amcrest NVR as well as on the (non-smart) Amcrest View Pro App. This tells me the doorbell IS connected to my home wifi but the problem is with the Amcrest Smart Home server/app? Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest Smart Home "Server" down?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hummm Strange... I have not had an issue until I loaded this message and now my Doorbell just went offline on my Smart Home App and on my NVR WTH? I have an ASH21 that was offline because I removed it today while working on something. However Just plugged it back in and It connected and was able to access over the Smart Home App.. SO the app server isn't down! But now I have to go find out what the heck is going on with my Camera.. I am going to guess that it Reset and didn't come back with same IP address... But that is a guess even though my Router is set to give the IP for the Camera so I don't have to play where is my Doorbell cam all the time.. hmmm ...
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So just went to my router changed my ip for the camera for kicks. Looked at camera no light? Huh? Removed power to transformer waited 30 seconds put power back just as I returned camera said connected to network.... Camera back on NVR after making change to ip address and working in Smart Home app...

Edit: For what ever reason I had to change back the IP that I had setup on my Router it still only wanted the First IP that was already in place for the longest time... That was what I meant about making Change to Ip Address in the NVR because the new one even though it was showing in the Setup of the Router Ip for Mac should be XYZ it still came up with same IP from before
Be Safe.
mbster

Post by mbster »

Thanks Revo. At least we know the server is up.

There must definitely be something with my doorbell unit then. I just tried to set it up again after factory reset. Same exact thing is happening as before.

1) Got all the way through successful connection to home network (the ring went from going around in circle to a blue flashing)
2) Then the next step is when everything stops (again). I keep getting a "Connection Times out" message saying the unit failed to connect to the server and to verify wifi password and ensuring stable access. Again, the live video is viewable on the Amcrest NVR and the nonsmart View Pro app so both password and connections are stable.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

The only thing I can think of is that you need to remove the camera from the App and or install the app again fresh. Then now that you have it setup meaning that you have WIFI connected and able to access the Network.. Only thing I can think of now is that the App isn't letting you access the camera... I know at first my App tried to get me to make changes and I didn't make them changes..

Difference is you have done a Full Reset form doorbell camera, This at first made me think there was a connection issue however you say that you can see it on NVR and Amcrest View Pro.. This leads me to a app issue now and first I would try and I am sure you have but I would try to remove the camera from the app and install it again and or Delete the app and download and re install and setup the camera for access...
Be Safe.
mbster

Post by mbster »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:41 pm The only thing I can think of is that you need to remove the camera from the App and or install the app again fresh. Then now that you have it setup meaning that you have WIFI connected and able to access the Network.. Only thing I can think of now is that the App isn't letting you access the camera... I know at first my App tried to get me to make changes and I didn't make them changes..

Difference is you have done a Full Reset form doorbell camera, This at first made me think there was a connection issue however you say that you can see it on NVR and Amcrest View Pro.. This leads me to a app issue now and first I would try and I am sure you have but I would try to remove the camera from the app and install it again and or Delete the app and download and re install and setup the camera for access...
Thanks Revo.

Nope, deleting and reinstalling the android app did not resolve the issue (combined with factory full reset as well). Same issue. It just will not add the camera to the server/account so I cannot access any of the AD110 settings at this point.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Suggestion:
Did you delete your camera from the Smart Home app account as Revo mentioned? That's an important thing to do before a factory reset. If that doesn't work, contact Amcrest, tell them to remove your Smart Home account, and try starting over by registering again.
mbster

Post by mbster »

jack7 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:15 pm Suggestion:
Did you delete your camera from the Smart Home app account as Revo mentioned? That's an important thing to do before a factory reset. If that doesn't work, contact Amcrest, tell them to remove your Smart Home account, and try starting over by registering again.
Yep, I had deleted the camera before the factory reset. And now I cannot add it back onto my account.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

mbster wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:33 am
Yep, I had deleted the camera before the factory reset. And now I cannot add it back onto my account.
Well, you may need to request a warranty replacement camera from Amcrest.
mbster

Post by mbster »

jack7 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:47 am
mbster wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:33 am
Well, you may need to request a warranty replacement camera from Amcrest.
Thanks, Jack.
Am waiting for a reply to my email to tech support from Friday. Appreciate it.
Anyone know if Amcrest is still charging $15 per RMA warranty replacement?

Thanks again!