Amcrest Smart Home "Server" down?

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
amcrest168

Re: Amcrest Smart Home "Server" down?

Post by amcrest168 »

firmware 20200702 appears stable for the ad110 doorbell for it to stay connected to the smart home server. the server ip addresses have been updated.

Code: Select all

Addresses:  34.230.161.103
Aliases: dms.zencamcloud.com
chiltonjh

Post by chiltonjh »

Thanks @GaryOkie I'll give the reset a go shortly and report back. Thanks for taking the time to help.
chiltonjh

Post by chiltonjh »

@GaryOkie Deleted device on the Amcrest android app, factory reset, found again, re-added which then prompted the firmware upgrade. All is good. Thanks much!
HutchMD

Post by HutchMD »

I'm not sure what to do.
I've been using my AD110 for 2 months now without too much issues.

But just today, the app shows my device is Offline.
I can see the occasional RTSP feed in Blue Iris, but I cannot access the doorbell cam through the app...

I tried factory resetting it, and boy was that a mistake: It'll connect to my wifi, but the app times out trying to add the doorbell to my account/app on the final step...

I'm not sure what I do.
I can see it being connected in my wifi, I can see Blue Iris making connections to it sometimes, but I can't add my doorbell to the app anymore.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

something is off today with the ad110 doorbell. rtsp doesn't appear to be working today and it's showing offline in the smart home app.
pcabral

Post by pcabral »

Same here. Communications was lost around 2:55pm EST and it's been unstable ever since. RTSP stream studders at times and App reports device offline.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I have seen it acting strange in my NVR I was just taking it was caused by the Storm.. However looking at my App I do see it is offline in the app but still connected in my NVR
Be Safe.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Well, this is a forum topic I sure didn't want to have to revisit again.

SH App was showing offline, but I just now closed the app and restarted it - back online. At least, for now.

I did notice that the IP saved in my doorbell config did not match the 2 current IP's that dms.zencamcloud.com resolves to, but it was still responding to port 15301, so it should have been OK.

In the past with these "offline" outages, local RTSP streaming wasn't affected since it wasn't cloud-dependent. Seeing that local connectivity was somehow borked for a few hours is very concerning.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

mine is back online and rtsp is also working. i'm puzzled on why rtsp streaming was impacted earlier if it really wasn't cloud dependent?
tgfarrell

Post by tgfarrell »

So I heard someone at work say google had an outage earlier in one of the regions (not storm related I don't think). So that may have impacted a subset of folks. Mine has been rock steady since the latest firmware was updated in July.