Amcrest Smart Home "Server" down?

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
GaryOkie

Re: Amcrest Smart Home "Server" down?

Post by GaryOkie »

All good now - back online. Solution was rebooting my router. Why that fixed it, I have no idea.
tgfarrell

Post by tgfarrell »

Maybe DNS caching on your router was stale?
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

perhaps. I was logged into the router's console remotely and performed additional tests on the SH IP's/port directly. So no DNS involved in those tests. It was the inconsistent results from repeated tests that was puzzling. Just not going to worry about it. Thankfully it wasn't an AD110 firmware logic issue.
chiltonjh

Post by chiltonjh »

I'm having the same exact issue. Doorbell shows offline on the android app but I can see and record video using Blue Iris software on my PC. Tried resetting, factory reset, etc.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @chiltonjh and welcome to the forum. may i ask what is your doorbell firmware version? ensure you have 20200701 or later to stay connected to the dms.zencamcloud.com server.

latest dms.zencamcloud.com server information. doorbell remains online.

Code: Select all

Addresses:  52.72.176.228
chiltonjh

Post by chiltonjh »

Hello, I don't know because I can't get to the firmware info without a connection via the Amcrest Smart Home app? Is there another way to get it? Thanks.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@chiltonjh Hello and Welcome to the Forum

To get info about your camera you can save a Config backup
10.0.0.206/cgi-bin/Config.backup?action=All

Change my IP for my last camera I pulled the config off to your Doorbell camera IP using Chrome.. It will ask you to log in and that is normal, Then once it gets the log in it will bring up your configbackup in a text file that you would need to save as a text file.. Just so you know there will be info in that file that you may not want others to have so don't share the file with anyone without looking over it as it will have your Wifi Password and if you have a NVR that you can do a backup with that you will want to be careful because it will have all camera's Passwords your email and password and ftp and password so you might want to keep that data under lock and key if you have multi people using your computer..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Hi @chiltonjh - If you last updated your firmware any time during July, you should have the firmware installed that addresses the primary server/app offline issue. If you still need to check exactly which version you have installed and can't do so via the app, here's a more direct way...

http://<doorbell_ip_address>/cgi-bin/magicBox.cgi?action=getSoftwareVersion

If the latest version was installed, this will return in your browser (after authentication):
version=1.000.00AC004.0.R,build:2020-07-02

(The config.backup method of course can also be used)

In my case, I had the new firmware installed and still ran into this offline issue due to an unrelated/unknown cause. It was fixed by simply rebooting my router. You should try that as well.
chiltonjh

Post by chiltonjh »

Thanks @Revo2Maxx and @GaryOkie Using the backup config IP address resulted in problem loading page. Using the software version URL resulted in this version=1.000.00AC004.0.R,build:2020-05-09 which assumes I don't have the latest version. Not sure how to manually update it. I tried rebooting my router with no luck.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

@chiltonjh - OK, you have confirmed you will need to update your firmware, which can't be done when the device and app are "offline".

There are 2 ways that should get it back online. One is to do a factory reset which should update the IP of the SmartHome server it connects to. The other is to make a temporary change to your router to redirect the dead IP to one that is currently active. See my post on page 20 of this thread for more info.

It's probably easiest for you to just factory reset your AD110, set it back up again, then update the firmware.