Amcrest HD410 Flicker

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
jordanaroth

Amcrest HD410 Flicker

Post by jordanaroth »

Just installed my new doorbell today and all I can notice is this flicker: https://youtu.be/5D_b_sLd89A

Tried different encode settings, doesn't seem to make a difference. The issue is s in Blue Iris and Amcrest Surveillance Pro, so I know it's the doorbell.
longedge
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest HD410 Flicker

Post by longedge »

I just watched your video several times and I can't see any flickering. Perhaps the YT video processing has eliminated it or is it just my ageing eyes that aren't picking up on it. Is it over the whole picture or in one particular area?
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
jordanaroth

Post by jordanaroth »

longedge wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:15 am I just watched your video several times and I can't see any flickering. Perhaps the YT video processing has eliminated it or is it just my ageing eyes that aren't picking up on it. Is it over the whole picture or in one particular area?
Ughh, yeah looks like the YT processing removed it or minimized it. I did notice it really only occurs at night
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Right off the bat first thing I would do if your talking about the AD410 anyway.. Is remove it from ASP and BI and then Remove it from your Smart Home app. Then after all software has been vacated I would then do a Device Reset..

I have seen the Page on Amcrest where it says people can use ASP to make changes to the Camera.. PLEASE DON'T CHANGE settings the camera looks horrible after any change is made

Then once you get to the Reset button on the back by the Micro SD slot, (PITTA to get to) set it up again with in the Smart Home app... Then don't add to Blue Iris. However for the next step please take the next steps and follow for good testing...

Add back to ASP and Don't make any changes to the cameras settings.. Just add the camera using the add camera and then load the Live View page you want to see the picture that is made after being reset..

I did some testing because someone had said that they had some issues so I did some testing on my own AD410 making only 1 change at first to my camera and right out of the gate after making that 1 simple change my Video went from Factory OK Looking to Horrible looking and after making setting within the software to clear it up to where the camera looked (OK again) But still not as clear or clean as it was from Factory I reset the camera back to factory and I won't TOUCH its settings again outside of the Smart Home app.. The Reset button isn't easy to get to and I don't want to have to do any resets on this camera again..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also thought I would mention just looking at your Video right now I do see the same issue that I have seen on my AD410 after making some adjustments Again mine was cured after doing a factory Reset.. At the same time you do that I personally would install the wedge that came with the camera pointing it away from your wall some it looks kind of close and with that Wedge it will still be able to see the area to the front but I think could make a better looking picture and seeing it is only a few more steps to add the Wedge in I thought I should mention it now rather then having to remove the camera multi times..

So for me, I would remove camera, add in the wedge, then put the camera back on, after you hear that it has connected to the Network then start the Reset.. That is how I would go about doing this myself anyway..

Just some ideas..
Be Safe
jordanaroth

Post by jordanaroth »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:48 am So for me, I would remove camera, add in the wedge, then put the camera back on, after you hear that it has connected to the Network then start the Reset.. That is how I would go about doing this myself anyway..
That is actually with the wedge :) original doorbell was installed like 6" from the wall.

Thanks for the tips everyone, going to do a factory reset!
Stan

Post by Stan »

Did the reset button help? I have some flickering at night too that triggers my motion detection, using Day mode (non-IR) at night because it's well-illuminated here.

Tried everything: H264, H264Baseline, H264High, H265, CBR, VBR, various bitrates of both, changing the auto exposure control to fixed. I use Amcrest Surveillance Pro as well as Synology Surveillance Station.

How do you remove the AD410 off the bracket to get to the reset button?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

There is a little Key that came with the Doorbell. There is a Very Small hole at the bottom that you slightly push this thing into and it pushes the latch that connects it to the plate. That is if it was installed as designed.

I say key it is Really just a small 2 inch flat thin with small pointed side.

So somethings that you need to understand. The camera even though it says it can be changed using ASP I wouldn't change any of the cameras Settings after a Reset. Leave Hue and all the other camera settings as they come out stock for Best results. Changing any setting it will make the camera look horrible
Be Safe