Amcrest AD410 - Power connection in UK

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
CitizenK

Amcrest AD410 - Power connection in UK

Post by CitizenK »

Hey guys, just bought the AD410 and now need to get it wired in. My electrician will be doing this but I'd like to be able to advise what is going to be needed. I am starting from scratch so there is no existing doorbell/chime/wiring at all. At the front door there is no power socket, only a light switch just inside the door.
So what do I need to get this wired in? Can anyone please list me the parts needed as I have no idea...
I assume it cant run off the light switch ? If not and new wiring is needed it will need to run from the consumer unit right? So what would I need in terms of transformer/chime etc?
Please help!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest AD410 - Power connection in UK

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

First it isn't easy to tell someone in another country what they need. I mean one of my doorbell cameras I removed the normal bell transformer and seeing I had power on other side of wall idrilled a hole and have it running from 12v 2amp plug in power adapter maybe called Wall Wart in some places. That is because at that location I don't need indoor bell chime.

However if you want all the stuff and having electrican doing the work then you will need 18ga wiring, indoor bell, 16vac 30va transformer connecting everything like they would a normal doorbell install with only difference is the AD410 connected in place of normal switch and adding Amcrest Chime Kit (not a chime) to your indoor chime bell at T and F terminals. Hardest part is running the wiring if home is already built.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
CitizenK

Post by CitizenK »

Thanks for the comment, that’s a helpful start!

I’m hoping someone who has set one up in the uk can advise on what parts they used etc
PinkCherryBomber

Post by PinkCherryBomber »

I'm on the same boat. I just purchased the AD410 from US to be used here at my new home in the UK.

I had a Byron 776 doorbell already setup at home (https://support.chbyron.eu/en/support/s ... -doorbells). I opened the Byron unit to check the setup, and I saw CAT5 cable connected, but just the Blue and the Blue-White cable. The Blue is connected to 0 Terminal and the Blue-White is connected to the Terminal 2 of the Byron unit, and the usual Neutral (Blue) wire at the bottom left and the Live (Brown) wire at the bottom right.

Since the Byron's built transformer operates on 8V 1A AC only, it didn't work when I connected the Amcrest (with Chime kit), it doesn't power on the Amcrest. I went to get a Bell Transformer (https://www.electricaldirect.co.uk/prod ... mer-518330).

So with the Bell Transformer, I connected the Blue bit of the CAT5 cable to the 0V and the Blue-White bit of the CAT5 to the 24V. Then the usual Neutral (Blue) wire at the bottom left and the Live (Brown) wire at the bottom right of the Bell Transformer. If I connected the Chime Kit (tapping to the 0V and 24V), it doesn't power up the Amcrest Doorbell Camera. But if I remove the Chime Kit, it works fine. However, I can hear a soft humming/buzzing sound on the Bell Transformer.

Any thoughts? TIA!