Adding a camera

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Oscar99

Adding a camera

Post by Oscar99 »

I have set up two cameras successfully, one indoor ip3m-941w and an outside one,built wireless ash42-b. The first on view pro and the other on smart home but I want to have both on one app. When I try to add the indoor to the smart it won’t recognize the serial number.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Adding a camera

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly it is a Smart Home device and a Normal CCTV.. IF you want a indoor camera that works like the 941 that will work with the Smart home app then I would look at the ASH21..

The next thing that you might want to look at is if your Set on having the 2 cameras from different parts of the System.. Is look at using ASP maybe.. With ASP you can also use it as a NVR using PC-NVR and record the 2 cameras as well.. This is 1 way that can let you have 2 devices from the 2 different types and put them in 1 view setup...

Sadly at 1 time the Normal cameras could work within the Smart home app however that was in a Fielding stage of the app for testing and sadly it was released and while it can be done it has been said won't be done again... They are 2 different types of systems and each have their own app...

Be it known there might be a 3rd part app that might let you setup your 2 cameras to the same app however doing so will also give up your Password to a 3rd party app and might not be safe. I personally don't know of one but there might be.. I have many Devices with many different apps.. I use my NVR as a Single platform for my Viewing needs...
Be Safe.