AD410 works fine just except when accepting call

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Jake20

AD410 works fine just except when accepting call

Post by Jake20 »

My 410 streams live video fine, I get motion and human alerts fine. I can watch all alert recorded videos fine.
But when i push the doorbell button I can not accept the call to stream the 2 way video feed
It stays at 99% percent then fails with network error.

I factory reset, upgraded mechanical chime transformer To 24v 40va. Still same.
The doorbell works 100% fine except when the button is pushed. I cannot accept the call.

What else could the issue be here?
Thank you
Jake20

Re: AD410 works fine just except when accepting call

Post by Jake20 »

Just to also add that I can go into live view and turn on the mic and sound and 2 way audio and video and everything works fine.
The only thing that doesn't work is when you push the button and try to connect to the call. It goes to 99% and fails everytime with network error.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well to be honest it almost sounds like there is a Voltage issue. I know that you said you upgraded the power and what not but trust me when I say there could be an issue with power from the camera after button is pressed. If the battery in the camera is dead then it wouldn't hold enough charge to cycle the call. It might be that it is fine as long as it call isn't answered maybe enough power to cycle the chime (if you have one) However if you don't have a Chime installed then the issue above is Moot.. You see when the camera is setup without a Chime and no chime is active in the app then the camera never disconnects from the power source. So if you are having that issue without a Bell installed and without the chime kit installed and the app of the Amcrest Smart Home app has never turned on the doorbell option then the issue is something else.
Be Safe.
Jake20

Post by Jake20 »

Hi,
I do have a mechanical chime. Should I remove the linked mechanical chime and see if the call connects?
Do I have to factory reset to unlink the mechanical chime?
This used to work fine, so now I'm thinking that it may be the internal battery in the 410.
Is it replaceable, or do I need to buy a whole new doorbell now? It's only like 1.5 years old
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well it isn't as replaceable as one might think it should be. However there have been a couple of people that have replaced the Doorbell battery. Here is a link to that thread. https://amcrest.com/forum/amcrest-smart ... 16622.html

Yes if you want to remove the Doorbell from your chime you will have to reset the camera. Please before you do this. I would first turn off the power, Remove the doorbell and the Chime Kit from the doorbell and connect power back up.

How to do that? Well fastest way would be remove the doorbell wires from your doorbell and this should already remove the Chime kit. Then take the 2 doorbell wires normally would be on Trans and F or something for the front door. Connect them 2 wires together and that will connect the transformer to the doorbell camera. Return power. (Don't Press the button on the doorbell) However it does need to be removed from the bracket and on the back is a Reset button. Press the reset button until you hear it say that it has reset. At that time let it boot up, and take this time to click the Smart Home App, click the camera and then remove it. Once it is done with setup. Should hear that it has entered Hot Spot mode. Setup in the App again. Once you get to point to add doorbell Skip it. Once it is done setting up I would give it a minutes or 2 after this. Then press the button and the camera should allow you to answer the call because in this mode there is no connection to the battery it is fully powered by the Transformer with no cut in the power.
Be Safe.
Jake20

Post by Jake20 »

From what your saying and reports of other people having the same issue after a little over a year it sure seems like there is an issue with the batteries in these units.
They just dont seem to last very long. Probably even less in hot climates.
Amcrest should at least offer replacement batteries.
RowanR

Post by RowanR »

Were you ever able to resolve this. I am having the same issue, this is on a brand new doorbell.
RowanR

Post by RowanR »

I actually am in contact with Tech support, they requested some video of the issue. They submitted the issue to the development team, hopefully there will be a response soon.