AD410: What is Privacy Mode?

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Thoughts4You

AD410: What is Privacy Mode?

Post by Thoughts4You »

:?: In the SmartHome app dashboard (before you dive into the AD410), there is an eye icon. It is saying something to the effect of Privacy Mode. What in the world is that? And yes, once you turn that ON and go into the AD410 view itself, you're prompted with "Lens is hided" (yes, some kind of typo).
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD410: What is Privacy Mode?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

An option that I really feel shouldn't be there.. But then I didn't build it or Program it.. I just personally find it odd that something that is designed to protect ones home would have a feature to Defeat the eye on the prize..

Just like I don't like the idea of having the DVR/NVRs being able to be shut down by Remote Connection, Anyway back to the AD410 it is kind of same thing as the 841v3 and the ASH21 have where you can turn on Privacy in them 2 camera it moved the camera eye out of being able to see anything and turns off the MIc and the AD410 turns off the Camera and MIC in the same sense..
Be Safe.
Thoughts4You

Post by Thoughts4You »

So what would be the point of turning the camera OFF?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am going to guess that maybe someone could setup to only turn on when your away? Personally I don't know.. Something there that I will never use and have instructed anyone with access to not use..

With the ASH21 or 841V3 them might be used in an area where you only want to have the camera active when your away from home or away from that portion of the house or building so turn it off when home or not needed on and then when you leave turning it on to keep an eye on what you wanted to watch..

Out side of that I personally think they shouldn't be there, Security Cameras that can be turned off by Remote don't seem very secure to me...
Be Safe.