AD410 slow to start playback

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Wmorris

AD410 slow to start playback

Post by Wmorris »

I’ve got a new AD410 installed and it’s working fine, but connecting to the unit from the Amcrest SmartHome app is sometimes very slow. I’m connecting from the same network, and using a fast M1 based iPad. From the time I tap the Play button on a stored clip or to get to the Live View, to the time it starts the playback (i.e. the time the “play” button icon is bouncing around like it’s on a trampoline), can be up to 7 or 8 seconds. I don’t notice any stuttering once it’s playing, and the app says my WiFi connection to the doorbell is “Good”. Sometimes it will start the playback in only 2 or 3 seconds, but it’s highly inconsistent, and usually it’s more around 5 to 7 seconds. I also own a Eufy 2K doorbell camera, and it consistently starts playback within ~2 seconds, even if I’m halfway across the country using a cellular connection, so I’m puzzled by the delays with the AD410.

I’m wondering what others are seeing for the amount of time it takes to start playing video from the iOS app, and whether you get consistent results or have a wide variation in the amount of time it takes.
jack7

Re: AD410 slow to start playback

Post by jack7 »

I get similar behaviour for liveview and SD card playback using ASH21 camera with SH android app.  The app is doing something with SH server, hopefully not sending video but I've never checked.
I can liveview and playback SD card with ASH21 with very little delay using IP address or P2P with Amcrest View Pro android app. Don't know what your camera model would do.
scuzy

Post by scuzy »

i have the same issue its impossible to answer the doorbell live if it takes 7-10 seconds to get a live feed.
phillip9933

Post by phillip9933 »

Experiencing the same thing with my AD410 as well. RTSP feed is instantly available but the Amcrest app consistently takes about 5-10 seconds to load despite great wifi reception no matter what device I pull it up from.
scuzy

Post by scuzy »

I have submitted a ticket to amcrest stating the same thing. They are looking into it. Its amazing that my previous eufy doorbell would almost instantaneously connect while this ad410 takes so long i always miss people at the door. I can see the rtsp stream is instantaneous.
nkobes

Post by nkobes »

Mine is also very slow, any news from amcrest?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@nkobes Hello and Welcome to the forum.

So I am not sure why or what is going on. In the past it could have been server related issues. I personally haven't had any issues outside of the normal things that I have come to expect when making changes to the cameras settings. Even though the Website says you can I have found that it isn't safe to do so.

So to guess I would have to be there is either a setting adjustment that was made that now has the camera in an unstable state, Or if not that only thing I could guess next would be a Network issue. Either using a Mesh Network router and if that is the case then there is going to be a few things wrong other then connection playback issues but hope they soon get that kind of stuff sorted.

If Not a Mesh network router I would make sure to try on High speed Wifi and even the 2.4 to see if one has better results over another.. I haven't looked but I think I am on 5g and don't have any speed issues. I have it connected to one of many Routers I have and the one it is connected to is less then 2 feet from another router and 4 others within 30 feet. I will admit that some of my neighbors that are 60 to 120 feet from my router has higher signal then most of my routers when looking at the systems in my neighborhood I am in range of more then 40 routers. 5 are mine. Made a fast video of some motion off my mSD card in the camera. Might need to try and reset your camera not connect to anything outside of the Amcrest Smart home app and see if there is some thing your connecting it to that is causing it to lag..

https://youtu.be/TooqVoizPOA
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
scuzy

Post by scuzy »

its definitely not network. i have tested the rtsp stream amd its instand playback. the amcrest home has a crappy connection to the bell. it takes a long time for the app to make connections.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Personally I don't know. I just ran my Doorbell on VLC via RTSP and sure I used the main stream. At first I thought there was something wrong with my camera because it loaded Audio within a few seconds however video took almost 20 seconds after Audio loaded in.

I mean for me I guess there could be a lot of Factors in play, I have not restarted my computer for days, I have loads of things running and not sure when the last time I rebooted the Camera. Looking from my SH app the feed was really fast..

I mean today is much faster that it can be from time to time I just have never had a Constant lag in starting feed. This is a Video from loading in my SH app just a few ago and as you can see it was almost instant loading.

Phone is Samsung 21Ultra

https://youtu.be/pjnxzUahrKE
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
scuzy

Post by scuzy »

Here is mine.

Amcrest live view from app

https://youtube.com/shorts/vZGs0UQwpvo?feature=share

Vlc live rtsp stream

https://youtube.com/shorts/Pv5c41J3iDk?feature=share