AD410 slow to start playback

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Wmorris

AD410 slow to start playback

Post by Wmorris »

I’ve got a new AD410 installed and it’s working fine, but connecting to the unit from the Amcrest SmartHome app is sometimes very slow. I’m connecting from the same network, and using a fast M1 based iPad. From the time I tap the Play button on a stored clip or to get to the Live View, to the time it starts the playback (i.e. the time the “play” button icon is bouncing around like it’s on a trampoline), can be up to 7 or 8 seconds. I don’t notice any stuttering once it’s playing, and the app says my WiFi connection to the doorbell is “Good”. Sometimes it will start the playback in only 2 or 3 seconds, but it’s highly inconsistent, and usually it’s more around 5 to 7 seconds. I also own a Eufy 2K doorbell camera, and it consistently starts playback within ~2 seconds, even if I’m halfway across the country using a cellular connection, so I’m puzzled by the delays with the AD410.

I’m wondering what others are seeing for the amount of time it takes to start playing video from the iOS app, and whether you get consistent results or have a wide variation in the amount of time it takes.
jack7

Re: AD410 slow to start playback

Post by jack7 »

I get similar behaviour for liveview and SD card playback using ASH21 camera with SH android app.  The app is doing something with SH server, hopefully not sending video but I've never checked.
I can liveview and playback SD card with ASH21 with very little delay using IP address or P2P with Amcrest View Pro android app. Don't know what your camera model would do.
scuzy

Post by scuzy »

i have the same issue its impossible to answer the doorbell live if it takes 7-10 seconds to get a live feed.
phillip9933

Post by phillip9933 »

Experiencing the same thing with my AD410 as well. RTSP feed is instantly available but the Amcrest app consistently takes about 5-10 seconds to load despite great wifi reception no matter what device I pull it up from.
scuzy

Post by scuzy »

I have submitted a ticket to amcrest stating the same thing. They are looking into it. Its amazing that my previous eufy doorbell would almost instantaneously connect while this ad410 takes so long i always miss people at the door. I can see the rtsp stream is instantaneous.