AD410 slow to start playback

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD410 slow to start playback

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am not sure. I just looked at mine again just now and tried to figure out how to use my Capture software to capture it only thing I could figure out was a Full screen capture and that just shows to much of my desktop lol. Anyway I am wondering if when I tried earlier today if my Camera was sleeping. Not sure if that is a thing really seeing it is connected to my NVR. However after the first load up today (Slow) this last one was almost instant. I mean I seen picture before hearing audio and might have been the Truck going by wasn't enough sound to have it start same as video. In other words When I just did it it loaded very fast. Double clicking the VLC shortcut for the AD410 and it was going..

So I wasn't going to upload the video but I did anyway and set it to Unlisted. This is from a Win10 Pro Machine 32gb Ram and i7 5820K if it matters.

https://youtu.be/XpeGSmH9iU4
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
scuzy

Post by scuzy »

Yeah i am referring to the iphone app slow loading. Its definitely slow. I cant answer door bells remotely in time.
Stan

Post by Stan »

Same issue with my Amcrest Smart Home, Android app version 3.9.1 installed from the Play Store. Takes at least 10 seconds to load the SD quality feed, cannot answer doorbells remotely in time. I have both 2GHz and 5GHz wifi, no interference, very strong signal. Brand new AD410 received straight from Taiwan on Dec.11/2021, ordered straight from Amcrest's Amazon.com store.
scuzy

Post by scuzy »

Vlc will load the rtsp stream great. Its the mobile app thats garbage.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I understand your saying your iOS, I don't know what one your using but I posted a video from a Screen capture on page one of this from my S21 Ultra and it was fast and works well. I did testing using my Wifi and using my phones Data and both worked fine. While I have not captured it I could if you like, my iOS phone 6plus works fine and in some cases faster then my Samsung. Might have been the Router I was connected to on my Samsung at the time where my Apple has no service so it is on my Main Router that is also the router that my Ad410 is on. I do have an odd setup with many routers some as Access Points and some as Dhcp routers. System will connect to the best router for internet access. This is mainly an issue for me because my house is covered in wire mesh and 1 router just isn't going to work and a Mesh router don't play well with CCTV (IP cameras) well enough for me to spend that kind of money to make my system not work well..

Only thing I can think of is try rebooting your router, phone and camera and see if that makes anything better. It might be that the IP it is connecting at Amcrest is one that isn't playing well a Reboot will refresh that connection and might pick another Server from the Pool..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
scuzy

Post by scuzy »

yeah i have rebooted the bell many times. this is just weird. i know i couldnt be the only one either.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Just an observation:

When using android Amcrest Smart Home app for Amcrest ASH21 camera, liveview and SD card playback are slow loading.
When using android Amcrest View Pro app for Amcrest ASH21 camera, liveview and SD card playback are fast loading.
scuzy

Post by scuzy »

too bad the amcrest view pro doesnt work with the ad410 on iphone.
tgfarrell

Post by tgfarrell »

I experience the same thing and my wife is wondering why we keep using it. Which Eufy doorbell are you using @Wmorris ?