AD410 Set Static IP

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
cliver

AD410 Set Static IP

Post by cliver »

Hi,
How can I set a static IP on the AD410 please?
It doesn't appear to have a useable web interface. I just get a blank page titled "WEB SERVICE".
The app doesn't give any options to set this.
I'm guessing it can be done using the web interface to access configManager. Something like this...

Code: Select all

http://camera.ip.address/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=xxxx
But I have no idea what the command/s would be and don't want to brick the thing.
Any idea how to do this anyone?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD410 Set Static IP

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Personally don't know of a way within the camera to setup a Static IP and that leaves the only option is using your Router. For mine connecting the device, then bring up the router, then go into Advanced, Setup, Lan Setup and in there I can setup a Static IP for devices. At times it is best to just leave the IP where it connected VIA DHCP for the Smart Home Products. Like one of mine came up after a reboot and new install of .25 so I just marked it and made it the IP I want from then on. I say this because when I have tried to setup a IP that was different the Camera didn't change. However I did setup .233 on my ASH26 and right after making that on my router I reset the ASH26 and that was the IP given so it does work once the system is Flushed by a reset. I did try it on a ASH21 to see if I could get the same result doing a Reboot after the fact and the IP didn't want to change in the camera, Doing a Reset on the ASH21 I was able to get the new IP set in the static pool to work. So from then on I just left the Smart Home IP the same the DHCP server hands out the first time it it will connect with that from them on.. Not many people want to Reset a camera right after setting up.. I could setup Static Table before the first setup using the Mac Address of the camera if that is something known.

So to be clear, When I say leave the same IP. I am talking about setting the router to make the IP that was first given by the DHCP as a Static IP from then on. I know that don't fit the needs always. However it seems to be only good option without doing a Factory Reset.. Normally using the Smart Home product with the app there is no real need to change the IP to a static IP. Mainly because there is no WebUI or Desktop software to connect the camera with. It goes though the app over P2P and IP addresses isn't 100% important in that case.. However using the device on a DVR/NVR or ASP or some other 3rd part software then yes IP is nice to keep it the same from start to finish.

There could be a CGI that might work. I just don't know what it is so that is why I do it the way I have been in side my Router.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
eastwestauto

Post by eastwestauto »

I found using the mobile app, on the device information page, you can tap on the ip address, it takes you to another page showing 0.0.0.0, I entered my desired static IP. Let's see if it holds.

The DHCP address is problematic for me. My DHCP lease setting is for 999 hours long, yet, before I found that screen, the camera changed IP's 5 times in 4 days. I also had to reboot my closest extender because it would not connect to the closest device, so perhaps the weak wifi connection gave it fits.

You mentioned the web view app and I did a screen share with support. They said these "smart" cameras do not have browser interface. You want to have both the Amcrest IP Config tool and the Amcrest Surveillance Pro app to see everything on Windows 10. Both apps are WEAK when it comes to anything related to network setup. They have screens for IP info, but none of it seems to save to the camera.
abigdeel

Post by abigdeel »

The only way that I have seen for setting a static IP is through your router. The vast majority of routers (even ISP provided ones) have this functionality now.

In my case, I'm using my AD410 doorbell's RTSP stream for HomeAssistant so I need it to have a static IP. And setting a static IP through my router's settings has mostly been working for me so far.

Once I tried to bind the doorbell to the mesh router that is closest to the door so that it would always have good connectivity. But at some point the doorbell struggled to connect to that access point and then because my mesh network wouldn't let it connect to the other nodes in the mesh, it changed its own MAC address and then connected to a different node with a different IP address lol.

So if you do have mesh wifi, don't force the device to stay connected to a specific node in your network unless that node really does provide much better connectivity than your other nodes. Otherwise the doorbell might reconnect with a different IP address unexpectedly even if you set a static IP through your router.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

HOLD UP WAIT a MINUTE....

Ok tonight I found something new about the AD410, You can setup a Static IP within the Smart Home app for the AD410...

Load the Smart home app if your like me and have loads of cameras in there find the AD410, click it, Once it loads, click the COG in the Top right corner (gear looking thing) then click on Device Information, Then click on the IP address. It will bring up a Wireless IP with 0.0.0.0 and change that IP to Reflect the IP you want..

Tonight I changed it on my Amcrest 4216E-AI NVR to 10.0.0.235, I then changed it in my Router and normally would take effect after next reboot, so I then rebooted my camera on the app and my ROUTER still didn't want to change it. However after that, I went to just as I said above inmy Smart Home app, after finding that I could change the 0's to the IP I wanted the AD410 is now again on my NVR without an issue.
Be Safe
cliver

Post by cliver »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:46 pm HOLD UP WAIT a MINUTE....

Ok tonight I found something new about the AD410, You can setup a Static IP within the Smart Home app for the AD410...

Load the Smart home app if your like me and have loads of cameras in there find the AD410, click it, Once it loads, click the COG in the Top right corner (gear looking thing) then click on Device Information, Then click on the IP address. It will bring up a Wireless IP with 0.0.0.0 and change that IP to Reflect the IP you want..

Tonight I changed it on my Amcrest 4216E-AI NVR to 10.0.0.235, I then changed it in my Router and normally would take effect after next reboot, so I then rebooted my camera on the app and my ROUTER still didn't want to change it. However after that, I went to just as I said above inmy Smart Home app, after finding that I could change the 0's to the IP I wanted the AD410 is now again on my NVR without an issue.
Hmm, that's very interesting. Having set up a static IP, do you still get access to the camera via the mobile app and does it definitely stick?
In a tread on IPCamTalk https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/new-amcre ... ost-598902 icpilot says that 1. The static IP doesn't stick and 2. You lose access via the mobile app.

And, has anyone found a way to set the iFrame rate to match FPS?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

FPS is 15 for the camera. Ihave setup IP and it is still working and I am able to access the camera without an issue in app and on my NVR that after a reboot I don't have to worry about the IP changing if not setup static in the Cameras Smart Home app area.
Be Safe
abigdeel

Post by abigdeel »

Yes, this has been working for me too. Thanks for sharing!

A little more preferable to do it this way since it does stick through reboots. Assigning it on the router is worse since the doorbell will change MAC address if it feels like it and change get a different DHCP reservation and IP address.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am not sure that the camera is the one that is changing Mac addresses.. I have been trying to get that to happen to me and I can't get it to change no matter what I do.. I don't have a Mesh network either so my Theory is that it has something to do with Mesh Network.. Normally a system is Programmed with a Mac Address from factory and it is hard set with that number.

SO I will keep trying, I have changed from different Routers and different speed format all stable results and with IP change in my network I can just change IP in my NVR and it has access again.. Again if I put in the app a Static IP the Ip never changes after reboot and going offline from being removed from power.

I will keep trying to find a different Mac still working at this, however again I don't have Mesh so my results may never come up with a new Mac for the device.
Be Safe
abigdeel

Post by abigdeel »

My phones and some other devices I own have the ability to randomize their MAC address when connecting, so I think that capability could exist on the doorbell. I didn't know that a router could assign a MAC address to a device, I thought it only worked the other way around.

For me it occurs only when I set a static IP through DHCP reservation on my router, and then I try to bind the doorbell to a specific node. So yeah I guess you would need mesh wifi to try it out?

Anyways, it's not bothering me that much. Now that the stronger node is even closer to the door, the doorbell does select it most of the time. If I ever find it on the weaker node, restarting the doorbell does the trick usually.