AD410 RTSP Streams

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
adoucette

AD410 RTSP Streams

Post by adoucette »

Hi, what is the right address for the RTSP main stream and substream on the AD410?
I have an AD410 doorbell and am using Frigate on Home Assistant. The default main stream is 2560x1920 resolution and the default substream is 720x576 resolution. I'd like to use the substream for detection in Frigate and the main stream to record video when detection flags.
So far, I've tried the following addresses:
rtsp://<user>:<password>@<IP>:554 works well to show the main stream
rtsp://<user>:<password>@<IP>:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0 shows the main stream but there are delays in connecting
rtsp://<user>:<password>@<IP>:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1 shows the substream but, as above, there are delays in connecting

I'm running the firmware from 20230221.
What are the best main stream and substream URL syntax to get the streams from this doorbell camera?
Thanks,
Ari
Pogo

Re: AD410 RTSP Streams

Post by Pogo »

I'm not familiar with the doorbell personally, but your MRL is typical for Amcrest. Try adding the suffix '&unicast=true&proto=Onvif' to each entry and see if that may decrease the latency. It's truncated sometimes as it is generally assumed, but may not be the case with the doorbells and actually need to be specified.

rtsp://<user>:<password>@<IP>:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
rtsp://<user>:<password>@<IP>:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
adoucette

Post by adoucette »

Yes! That appears to have solved the issue. Thank you.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Happy to help. Hopefully the result will remain consistent within your setup.