AD410 - Removing from the Wall

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Pensive666

AD410 - Removing from the Wall

Post by Pensive666 »

Hi there - its been a few months since I fitted my doorbell and it's flashing green as it has disconnected or something.

1) This kinda sucks for a security device to be flashing it's failure state to all and sundry so its obvious that its not working. It should just turn red or something.

2) I have the little sim slot key - but it doesnt say anywhere in the manual. Do I poke it in the hole on the front of the unit? Or will I destroy a light sensor if I poke it in there! :) It doesn't show how to do this anywhere......

Just need to pop it off and reset it. I know I ahve to jam it in somewhere - i guess its that little hole but i tried it and didnt want to push too hard....

Thanks

Jon
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD410 - Removing from the Wall

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about the Issues.

So the hole that the little key goes into is on the plate the doorbell fits on. It is kind of odd place for the hole and is something that should be looked for. (I am one to talk looking at all the scratches on mine LOL)

So don't do like me, Look for the hole that is on the Plate not on the camera. Here is a picture I have red around the area where the little pin will push the latch to remove the camera. Once you push the pin in, gently push the camera up to unlatch from the base. YOu can see by the picture the area for the pin is very thin and might be easy to over look.
remove-area.jpg
remove-area.jpg (253.17 KiB) Viewed 1312 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also here is a picture of one of my Lorex Doorbell cameras. This is of the bottom with the camera not attached and you can see the small hole on the right of the base plate
20230110_104153.jpg
20230110_104153.jpg (990.88 KiB) Viewed 1312 times
Be Safe.
Pensive666

Post by Pensive666 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:38 am Hello and Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about the Issues.

So the hole that the little key goes into is on the plate the doorbell fits on. It is kind of odd place for the hole and is something that should be looked for. (I am one to talk looking at all the scratches on mine LOL)

So don't do like me, Look for the hole that is on the Plate not on the camera.
It's such an overcast day here in england - I still couldn't see it!!! even with a torch! But sure enough it was there when I started randomly poking with the little tool!! :D :D All sorted many thanks for helping me not destroy my doorbell :D :D
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Glad to hear you have it sorted. Be Safe.
Be Safe.