AD410 refuses to pair

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
tickerguy

AD410 refuses to pair

Post by tickerguy »

Using the Smart Home app I cannot get it to pair -- either on the original connection (as a doorbell) or with the USB connected on my desk.

I've tried shutting off ALL but one SSID on my WiFi (I have four, two on each of 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz) with no change and even took a second phone (Pixel 8 and 6a) and set the 8 as a hotspot, connected the 6a to that, and then attempted to pay from THAT device. Nope.

It sees the "temporary" hotspot, SAYS it connected to it, and then spins and times out with this:
Screenshot_20240323-143230.png
Screenshot_20240323-143230.png (73.35 KiB) Viewed 714 times
It most-definitely has NOT left that mode; I'm looking at it and the button light is still spinning around. Several hard resets just to make sure, plus clearing the app's data a couple of times as well -- nope.

Is there a way to get into this thing via a web interface? That is, could I connect to the "hotspot" and then http (or https) into it and set it up THAT way? That would work, if I can figure out what it wants (obviously the app is using something kinda similar, I presume, to set it).... but there's no docs on any of that.

It appears to give my phone 192.168.3.12 if I connect to its "hotspot" and if I attempt to open a browser from the phone to http://192.168.3.10 I get a blank page back so SOMETHING is listening there for port 80 connections -- but it obviously doesn't think a standard HTTP connection without some set of parameters is valid.

I'd hate to have to return the unit over this but if I can't get it to pair on the app its rather useless....
tickerguy

Re: AD410 refuses to pair

Post by tickerguy »

Serious..... I still have to do THIS?

https://amcrest.com/forum/amcrest-smart ... 23a9b33414

Yes, that worked. But seriously -- May of 2022 and the app is still not fixed?! Holy mother...... I'm good, but.... yeah, not good.
tickerguy

Post by tickerguy »

Ok so now having played with this camera a bit..... Amcrest, I'm a bit disappointed.

There's a "notification" capacity and the settings for zones to consider "movement" (good, as with your other IP cameras) BUT unlike the others there is not only no web interface but no way to set notifications as you can with the others (e.g. ftp something somewhere, email someone somewhere, etc.) In other words if you want notifications the only way to get it is through Amcrest's app -- not to anything else.

That's a bummer because that capability forms the basic to use the camera as a motion detection device with some generalized home automation and control system that is not tied to your app -- and every other camera you make (I own a bunch of them and have recommended them for something like 10 years now) does this trivially and easily (Setup->Network->SMTP, then check the "email" box for the notification events you want to generate an email message.)

I do not understand why you left this off.... and unfortunately it means I can't recommend the unit to people who want something "other than" an integrated system with your app and cloud services -- which is absolutely not true for ALL your other IP camera offerings. Being able to set an email address for notifications (and an SMTP server) then tick the boxes as with the other IP cams you make would be enough, but nope, its not in there.

RTSP works as expected but notification to other than your cloud is not complicated to enable and it makes no sense why this capability is not in there given the camera's intended application.

Please consider adding this -- its a lot bigger deal to people like me than you might think.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So if I had to guess the Doorbell camera has some hardware missing that makes it so other cameras with WebUI in a larger platform. Where the Doorbell is in a Compact design, Found out that the doorbell in fact can work at 30FPS even though it was designed and released on 15fps. My guess is to keep the heat down in the camera. Seeing at 15fps the camera gets really hot already. Then if you were to use camera in direct sun light even hotter.. So the design team thought ok lets keep the FPS down.. So again back to compact design, some circuit parts need to be watered down. This will keep it compact and able to work on RSTP, App, API, and can work on Blue Iris and or even ASP from Amcrest. So there are ways to be able to see the Live feed besides adding it to a DVR/NVR.. So it has many more options then some of the other Doorbell cameras that I own.

Smarthome is a Cloud based system. P2P that works as P2P and push notices to your phone app. Setup motion and or Human in the app and get instant notices that can be saved when needed from app. While it isn't 100% as robust as Amcrest IP cameras with all offered it is a lot better then so many others offered. The blue box is from the doorbells human notices setup and this is directly displayed on ASP and not first being streamed though a NVR. I could display it either way just wanted to show that it is directly from the AD410.. So there are many options again lot more then some other brands offered..
Screenshot (1674).png
Screenshot (1674).png (1.9 MiB) Viewed 705 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

With motion option still enabled, can have setup for human only. So has some good options.
Screenshot_20240323_193341_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg
Screenshot_20240323_193341_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg (699.92 KiB) Viewed 704 times
Be Safe.