AD410 reboots when doorbell button is pressed

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
mboarman

Re: AD410 reboots when doorbell button is pressed

Post by mboarman »

I'm waiting for my new Ad410 to arrive. Amcrest replaced the entire kit under warranty. I 'assume' this should fix my problem, but I'm following this thread out of curiosity as to what is causing this issue......I know it may be just a coincidence, but I never seemed to have a problem when I was running the firmware dated: 20210220. It seemed like it flaked out after I updated it to: 20210610

Wonder if it can be rolled back?
kquinnell

Post by kquinnell »

Revo2Maxx - Support has now sent me an RMA for the AD410 itself. I saw your previous post about resetting the password which is definitely worth a try. Also, one of the first things support had me do was "update" the firmware. It was already up to date but I went ahead and reflashed it just in case but that didn't work either. I work with and write software so I know strange things can happen.
Thanks.
mboarman

Post by mboarman »

Received my replacement AD410 today from Amcrest and hooked it up....but I'm still not convinced it's working correctly. While it no longer reboots when the bell is pressed. It does spin a blue light that I don't remember it doing when it was working properly. I seem to remember someone saying that this model has an internal battery to regulate the voltage and it seems like that is what is happening when it's pressed. The blue light spins until the voltage stabilizes and then it goes back to normal. Can someone confirm this is the way their AD410 works? Am I supposed to see the blue light spin when the button is pressed? Appreciate any feedback! I posted a video of what mine is doing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqDthNazopk

Now I'm wondering if the original one I sent back in was doing the same thing but the internal battery had died causing it to reboot each time....while this one is currently holding it up long enough for the voltage to catch back up.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes it does. Also not a battery but there is a single capacitor in the AD410 and 2 in the AD110 that keeps the camera going when button is pressed.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
mboarman

Post by mboarman »

Thanks, I just don't remember it doing that before....Nevertheless it seems to be working now. Hopefully this one doesn't bite the bullet 10 months down the road (fingers crossed)
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah just keep in mind depending on the Transformer that you have multi presses of the button will crash the camera. Mine is 3 to 4 pushes in one go. So with my front door setup for 7 seconds, I push and wait until the sound is off, I push again following the same as soon as sound off push again. It will crash. That isn't the same as Push, push and push without waiting. So keep that in mind as well. 2 push one right after the other should be fine. However if your Transformer is low on the Current then it could be less.

For now where my AD410 is connected I am using it in Stand alone mode without a Chime or Chime Kit on a 12v DC power supply on the front of my house. Have to many pups that someone push the bell for a Package they will go on forever barking so I removed the bell from there and put it on another building with 2 Ad110's. Been working great and about same thing on push of button for them 3 and on 4th it will crash.. Back door gets about 5 with 3 second tone for the back.

After the tone plays there is a inrush of current to charge up the Capacitor and if it don't get to charge it will fail.

Be Safe Glad to hear it is still working.
Be Safe
kquinnell

Post by kquinnell »

Just received and installed my replacement AD410 and it works fine. I appreciate Amcrest for sending out the replacement after I did everything on my end to rectify the problem.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awesome glad it's working. Odd issue my guess strange issue in that build hope there wasn't to many in that run. At least now with more then 1 reported issue easier to track. Thanks for update.
Be Safe
Thoughts4You

Post by Thoughts4You »

Factory/Hard resetting the doorbell worked for me. I followed these steps:
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... ell-AD410-
DaveK

Post by DaveK »

kquinnell, did you ever find a resolution for your issue. I'm having exactly the same issue and have also pretty much tried all that is mentioned here without any results. Mine had been installed since Nov 2021.