AD410 Possible to record video clips without notification?

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
leecavcu

AD410 Possible to record video clips without notification?

Post by leecavcu »

I have my doorbell integrated into Home Assistant. When it detects motion, I get a notification via the Home Assistant app, as well as an image pops up on my TV if it's on. However, I've noticed that my doorbell isn't recording anything unless I turn on notifications via the Amcrest app. Is it possible to store video clips (SD card) without turning on push notifications?
GaryOkie

Re: AD410 Possible to record video clips without notification?

Post by GaryOkie »

Yes. Home Assistant can capture doorbell events independently of SmartHome push notifications. The camera.record service is used to record video to local storage.

BTW - turning off push notifications should NOT disable recording to the doorbell's SD-card. Perhaps you meant "call notification"? It's confusing in the SH app as it doesn't describe the difference, but suffice to say, don't turn off call notification, only push notification. For reasons unknown - call notification turns off other things it probably shouldn't. At least it used to.

And yet another BTW - Support for Home Assistant is much better served on its forum, not here. Do join.