AD410 ONVIF won't work now for some reason

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
RegisterToSearch

AD410 ONVIF won't work now for some reason

Post by RegisterToSearch »

I've had a connect from ISpy to my AD410 working for several years. I made no changes and for some reason it stopped working all of a sudden--maybe one day after someone rang the doorbell if that makes any sense. Maybe that caused the AD410 to reboot and it wigged out after that?

Now when try to set the connection back up with ONVIF, I just get an HTTP 400 error when running the query to set it up.

current firmware
1.000.00AC002.0.R.20230810

Thanks.
RegisterToSearch

Re: AD410 ONVIF won't work now for some reason

This is the URL it is querying:

http://192.168.--.--/onvif/device_service

and this is the error ISpy shows:

Error: The remote server returned an unexpected response: (400) Bad Request.
RegisterToSearch

oh, and it seems you can't search on "+ad410", even with something else in list of search terms, so sorry if someone has asked this before, but I haven't sifted through all the posts with "onvif" in it. SMH.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sounds like you need to use the Amcrest Smart Home app or look in your Router IP pool and find out what the current ip address is for your doorbell camera. If you have issues with router sending out a new ip for the camera and not able to setup static in the doorbell app, then best setup in the Router so the IP for the camera remains the same..

Like for me 10.0.0.235 is my AD410. I setup this first in the SmartHome app and then to make sure it stayed this way even after a reset to factory I setup in my router. It does this because the MAC address for the device stays the same even after a reset so the router knows that the MAC xxxxxx is setup to have the IP I setup for it..

You can also use the IP Config Tools from Amcrest or Dahua and it will let you know the right IP address. One of the other looked issues that can happen with Smart home devices because there is no WebUI so normally no one cares about the IP address for them until software 3rd party devices are trying to access like your iSpy software..

Out side of that not sure what it could be.
Be Safe.
RegisterToSearch

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's not an issue with the IP address. If you are looking at the "--" I put that there for a bit of privacy even if it's a private IP range, 35 years of IT experience has trained me not to give out too much info on a public forum.

If it was an IP issue, I would not be getting ANY response because it wouldn't be connecting. I am getting a 400 HTTP error.

I just double checked to make sure that the IP address shown in the app matches the IP address set up in ISpy and it does.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok great thanks. Understand about the HTTP Error 400 and thought it might have been an issue with a different network device that didn't want you to make that connection.. Understand about your IP on your post wasn't why I thought it might be an issue. Main reason is because the doorbell camera isn't a normal IP camera where people most times setup Static IP. So thought maybe if it was once working and no longer working that maybe there was no static setup and a different device was giving the error. Seeing this isn't the case.. Does the doorbell work on the normal SmartHome app still? or is that also not working?

Ok so I just looked at my AD410 using ONVIF Manager. Everything errored out.. While I can't get all things to work after running this command it did offer more then what was there before. So try running this and see if it works again for you in iSpy.. using your IP as you already know.. Just pointing this out for others that might read this post to make sure they know use their own IP in place of mine.. Maybe this will clear up the issues.

Code: Select all

http://10.0.0.235/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&UserGlobal.OnvifLoginCheck=false
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

My money is on a port mismatch.
RegisterToSearch

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:43 am Ok so I just looked at my AD410 using ONVIF Manager. Everything errored out.. While I can't get all things to work after running this command it did offer more then what was there before. So try running this and see if it works again for you in iSpy.. using your IP as you already know.. Just pointing this out for others that might read this post to make sure they know use their own IP in place of mine.. Maybe this will clear up the issues.

Code: Select all

http://10.0.0.235/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&UserGlobal.OnvifLoginCheck=false
OK, so that's making me think that Amcrest broke the ONVIF functionality in the current release.

This all started because from what I can tell, right after someone rang my doorbell, the stream stopped working to ISpy. I have the stream up on my computer at my desk and when I walked back in after answering the door, it had stopped streaming.g

I'll look at this later this afternoon and post results back here.
RegisterToSearch

I tried the URL you posted. It did not work. I ended up just having to use the device add wizard to recreate the device and then dig through the settings and try to get it set up correctly. So it's fixed now (other than spending a while trying to make sure everything is set back up correctly).

Thanks for your help Revo2Maxx
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Glad to hear you got it sorted. Sorry didn't work for you. When you made your post I looked on ONVIF software and mine was showing error. So ran that and after doing so, things like Identification, time, network, and so on. So thought might help. Every once and a while I need to factory reset a device to make them work as I want. Maybe someone used some type of tech that made your camera unhappy. It is strange mine was off ONVIF.
Be safe.
Be Safe.