AD410 multiple MAC addresses

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
WildWilly

AD410 multiple MAC addresses

Post by WildWilly »

Is there a way to force the AD410 to consistently use the same MAC address to send its wireless video? I send the video to a Synology Surveillance Station and it expects the video to come from a fixed IP address. When the AD410 changes its MAC address, the Surveillance Station loses the link.
Pogo

Re: AD410 multiple MAC addresses

Post by Pogo »

The MAC addresses are fixed. The only time the MAC address of the AD410 would change in Surveillance Station is if the wi-fi band would change. Each band (2.4GHz or 5GHz) has its own MAC address for the radio associated with it. If the MAC address is changing in Surveillance station so is the wi-fi band it is seeing from the doorbell.

If the doorbell is actually networked with IP addresses assigned by a dhcp server (vs. a NVR P2P arrangement) you can create IP address reservations/bindings that will always be assigned to a particular MAC address. This is easily done at the dhcp server, typically a router..., in your case, probably with Surveillance Station itself depending on its implementation in your overall network setup.
WildWilly

Re: AD410 multiple MAC addresses

Post by WildWilly »

My router assigned the IP address for the 2.4 GHz radio which I am using due to better signal strength. I had the router reserve the IP address for that MAC address and set that IP address in the router to use only 2.4 GHz. In Synology's Surveillance Station software, I assigned the reserved IP address to that NVR camera channel. Subsequently, the AD410 independently changed to using the 5 GHz radio and, while the Amcrest Smart Home app tracked the change, the Surveillance Station did not.

I suppose I could use the router to block the MAC address associated with the 5 GHz radio, but it's not clear to me why it changed and started using 5 GHz. It would make sense to me that the AD410 had a control to specify which radio to use. If it's in the SH app, I don't see it. My other Amcrest IP cameras (IP3M-943W, IP2M-841W) have many controls to set up how their radios work (static/dynamic/etc).