AD410 motion, human, and call notifications

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
mooch91

AD410 motion, human, and call notifications

Post by mooch91 »

All,

Am I missing something - can the three notification types (motion, human, and call/doorbell pressed) be set fully independently? It seems there is no way to turn off human without also disabling call/doorbell pressed (by disabling push notifications altogether). Is this true for everyone else?

I'd like to have motion off/no motion notifications, human on/no human notifications (my NVR will pick up the human detection and notify me), and call/doorbell pressed notifications ON.

Thanks!
GaryOkie

Re: AD410 motion, human, and call notifications

Post by GaryOkie »

The SmartHome app does not have this level of notification granularity. For any mobile phone notifications to occur, you need to keep the Call Notification option enabled (which impacts both owner and shared users), as well as Push Notification which impacts only individual users. You can't select which type of event creates a notification if that event is enabled.

For Android (don't know about iOS), you CAN modify the notification sound or turn it off depending on the specific event. It's entirely unintuitive and not documented anywhere by Amcrest, but here is what I have discovered through a lot of testing on Android version 12 and the latest SH app:

Android SETTINGS > Notifications > More > Amcrest Smart Home > Notification Categories > ...

zencam (Human Detected) : default tone > change to your choice

push_melody_tone (Motion Detected) : default tone > your choice

push_four_tone_doorbell_long_tone (Doorbell Press) : default tone > your choice

The latter 2 notifications also work for the AD110. There are 4 additional notification categories that serve no purpose for the doorbells in my testing, so they can be ignored. Changing the doorbell tones within the SH app only changes the doorbell speaker tones, and NO effect on the sound played on the phone.

If you want some other custom tone that isn't provided by stock Android, you can add any mp3 sound you want, including voice notifications. You can look up how to do that.

P.S. I have a case with Amcrest Support pleading for notification categories to be formally documented for both Android and iOS. Meanwhile, if anyone found this useful, thanks for posting a reply.
mooch91

Post by mooch91 »

Thank you - useful - but using an IOS so I can't take much from it. I did email Amcrest requesting that they make their notification selections more granular, With any hope, I'll be able to fully have another app controlling the doorbell at some point...
falk0069

Post by falk0069 »

Seems the app has gotten worse. I seem to only have "push_default_alarm" on my Android for notifications--how annoying. At some point I actually had things work for me where the app would record motion but only do push notifications to me if the doorbell was pressed. I recently reinstalled the app and now I can't get it to do it again.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I would double check you have setup human detection and it is turned on. Mine is working as expected.
Be Safe.
falk0069

Post by falk0069 »

I'm not sure where the human detection option went, but since my last post, I now see these these notification options in Android:
- RingPush
- push_default_alarm
- push_default_ringtone

I've disabled push_default_alarm and it is now doing what I want. I don't get notified for every motion but the button push will notify me. Plus the device continues to record all motion to the sdcard. So I'm happy now.