AD410 Doorbell remain connected to NVR

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
JohnLorens

AD410 Doorbell remain connected to NVR

Post by JohnLorens »

As a newly active member of this professional Forum, I would appreciate advice on how to ensure that the AD410 doorbell camera remains connected to the NVR on the same network. I maybe asking advice on something addressed before but did not see anything in my search. I have successfully installed many NVRs with various IP POE cameras and occasionally add a wireless AD410 doorbell camera on the same network. It is configured properly using the Smart Home app, remains accessible thru that app. However joining it to the NVR along side with other POE cameras on the same network, I will find that the AD410 gets disconnected, only to be rediscovered again during a device search in the NVR "camera" tab. Sometimes with the same IP assigned by the one and only DHCP in the network router and at times with a new IP. Once it pops up during the "Device Search" it is again "add" to the NVR roaster, the password entered for the AD410, and it shows up active again. I have "reserved" the IP assigned by association the AD410 MAC address. That seems to reduce the dropouts somewhat and sometimes it still has to be rediscovered during the Search. I welcome your help in how I can keep this relationship with the NVR as permanent as those with POE hard wired, cameras. Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD410 Doorbell remain connected to NVR

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I can't say why your having some issues.

You have said that you changed the IP to keep a constant IP either in the App or in your Router either way if that is the case then it should be able to remain in your NVR POE or normal non POE nvr as long as it is in the same range as the normal port of the NVR..

For me and all my DVR/NVR's that I have. If I connect a camera that I don't setup with a Static IP that camera can be lost in the Recorder settings if the router and camera happen to restart around about the same time. So for the Normal IP camera sure one can setup in the Network area over TCP/IP a Static IP for the IP camera. However with the AD410 and a couple of other Smart Home cameras this can also be done using the App. See picture below.. Anyway bring up the Smart Home app, and click on the Ad410, then click on the Cog top right, then Device information. In this area you should see the IP address for your camera. Click it, If you have not already setup the IP here it will show 0.0.0.0 you will want to change that to the IP address you want the AD410 to start with every time after a reboot or any time that camera loses connection.

So I have just reset my Doorbell camera and mine is showing 0.0.0.0 now because my Router has been setup for the IP that I want and I don't have any issue anymore keeping that IP and no longer need to change in the App. But if your having issues I would setup in the App along with your Router. Just keep in mind I wouldn't put in a IP that is normally in a different device.

I personally about to change all my IP settings before long. However for me my normal range is 10.0.0.x and my doorbell has been 10.0.0.235 since I found out that I could change it in the App. I have also as I said setup in my Router but also did in the app at one time just to test that it worked. That was when I had it normally in my router at 10.0.0.29 I Deleted it in the Router and added it in the Amcrest Smart Home app for a month or 2 testing before I changed back into the Router because it was easier to reset doorbell and keep the IP after setting up. No changes needed in the NVR..
Screenshot_20230214_231747_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg
Screenshot_20230214_231747_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg (143.35 KiB) Viewed 2731 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
JohnLorens

Post by JohnLorens »

Thank you Revo2Maxx for your most helpful response. I apologize for the late acknowledgement. I thought I had replied to your extensive suggestions right after you posted it. Yet I see that my immediate reply did not go through. I must have not submitted it incorrectly. As I mentioned before, I did not realize that the IP can be fixed or reserved in the SmartHome app as yet another method of ensuring reliable connections.
I welcome any further suggestions from other AD410 uses to maintain consistent connections between the AD410 and the NVR on the same network. Its not the Wi-Fi signal strength as the Smart Home app sees the doorbell camera all the time. It's the fact that the AD410 association with the NVR on the same router network drops out because the AD410 is assigned a new IP. Thank you all. John
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Like you, I've only configured the router to map a static IP to the AD410's MAC address. Never had any issue with connectivity to my Dahua NVR. Revo's advice to also force a static IP on the device itself should not be necessary, but it's worth trying especially if you have a Mesh network. We've seen reports of Amcrest connectivity issues related to Mesh networks and MAC addresses changing.

No need to apologize for a late reply. I'm sure you did nothing wrong submitting it. This forum code is the fault. It has a known bug that randomly eats submissions. I've run into it numerous times and I think so has Revo, but I'm not aware that Amcrest is considering doing anything about it, because this has been an ongoing issue for well over a year.
JohnLorens

Post by JohnLorens »

Thank you for the feedback Gary. I try to make a practice of fixing the IP addresses within each POE camera to whatever it was assigned by the router at the very beginning knowing that if the customer changes their router and the ISP Tech doesn't copy the settings over I would have to go back but it's still more predictable to make sure that all the cameras stay locked in. I've also done this on a few of the small Amcrest Wi-Fi inside little PTZ cameras. The one that seems sometimes temperamental is the doorbell camera AD410. For some customers it stays locked in forever and with other customers it loses its association with the NVR while still maintaining it on the customers phone app. I will try the set IP on their phone app as additional insurance. And I agree mesh Wi-Fi's cause more problems because they have often their own internal DHCP. I either set those to access points only or I have the router Wi-Fi BD be its own private SSID so it maintains the same network cool of IPs from the router's DHCP controller. I do appreciate all suggestions to make this one issue stable. Thank you
JohnLorens

Post by JohnLorens »

I would like to follow up with 2 new questions on a different topic relating to the NVR. Maybe I should create a new post but welcome your insight on what I experience when I setup an NVR with POE jacks along with additional cameras usually those that are wireless but on the same network. For example the NVR is connected to a IPS modem/router. It assigns an IP address of 10.0.0.231 to the NVR. It also assigns IP 10.0.0.77 to the WiFi doorbell which is on the same subnet network from the same modem/router. Yet the POE cameras connected to the NVR and receiving the POE power from it are assigned IPs 10.1.1.136, 132, 140, 72. Where is this network change coming from? Why the change from 10.0.0.xxx to 10.1.1.xxx. Almost makes me want to use NVRs without POE Jacks on them in the future and connect everything with a POE Switch connected to the ISP router. Keep it flat and simple. Please advise where is this shift occurring. Wish I could attach screenshots.
2nd question - Is there a way I can access a customer's NVR remotely, with their permission so I can change camera configurations, masking, etc. as if I was directly in front of the NVR, monitor, and mouse. Would that be thru port forwarding with specific setup.
Thank you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Your NVR uses a DHCP server that is built into the NVR and is setup to keep your cameras safe from hackers and to keep the traffic down on your normal network.

So with you I have my Network setup on 10.0.0.xxx and my NVR's are setup with one with the normal 10.1.1.xxx and I have others at 10.1.22.xxx and 10.1.23.xxx and some others to keep them from trying to access each other's internal route.

So I would look at your NVR's NETWORK area and see if you have a Virtual Host option that needs to be active See Picture below.. (About adding pictures to the Forum, You should be able to press the Full Edior & Preview button and it will bring up an area where you can add in pictures under attachments tab..)

So if you turn on that Virtual Host tab, and you use Chrome or Edge, Keep this in mind. When you access your cameras you will want to click on one for the first time that you don't want to edit first this is because normally Edge and Chrome have 10080 port setup as a bad port? Anway by clicking lets say you have 8 CH POE on a 16ch NVR and you want to work with ch4 then click on ch 1-3 or 5-8 first and then go back and click on the ch4 it will open in 10081 and will open the camera WebUI under the NVR's IP..

However I use IE most times, For me it is still working and for others it no longer does. Even if you use IE tab in Edge or Chrome you will need to still do the camera you don't want access to edit and then click the other. IE is best option with no need to click one first. So in IE i can just click and use the first 10080..
Screenshot (4156).png
Screenshot (4156).png (69.15 KiB) Viewed 2285 times
Pressing the e Next to the camera you want to open
Screenshot (4157).png
Screenshot (4157).png (85.7 KiB) Viewed 2285 times
Screenshot (4158).png
Screenshot (4158).png (34.75 KiB) Viewed 2285 times
Screenshot (4159).png
Screenshot (4159).png (276.64 KiB) Viewed 2285 times
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

To your next question. about access to your Clients Cameras for masks and other settings.

You could use ASP to access another DVR/NVR and IP cameras from remote locations using P2P.

You will have access to most functions this way. One of the things for changing Mask you would want to bring up ASP, then click on Device CFG, then click on the device you want to change, then click on Encode, Overlay, Then if a DVR/NVR choose the Channel, then you would click on Region Overlay, Network Monitor enable. Then save. Then bring up again and press the + sign. to add in a new Mask for that device Setting it up where you want it, save and now your Mask will be in place.
Be Safe
JohnLorens

Post by JohnLorens »

Thank you Revo2Maxx for your quick and helpful response. John
JohnLorens

Post by JohnLorens »

Revo2Maxx, you are a very good coach. Having read thru your explanation, I now understand this topic better. Much appreciated.
Of course, a few follow up questions. So the NVR has an internal DHCP. That explains why the POE wired cameras are in a different subnet than the NVR itself and the Wireless cameras which are assigned Ip directly from the external Router. How vital is the need for an internal DHCP. Can it be turned off, thereby having the POEs in the same network as the WiFi's. Is hacking that prevalent? Not trying to be naive.
BTW, I sometimes connect cameras in a detached garage using a TP-Link CPE210 combo of an AP and Client. Having it all on the same flat network would be easier to understand but I defer to your better judgement.
2nd question - is there a training or tour video for ASP. Seems it has a lot of functionality that I am just scratching the surface on.
3rd question - So you would still recommend that I access my customers' NVR thru P2P instead of Port Forwarding to the UDP or other ports. My goal is to tweak their setups for masking, motion sensing, and occasionally re-adding a disconnected camera to the NVR list. WiFi's are temperamental. I am very good at computers. Wish I understood Networks, DHCP, subnets, ports, etc better or could visual the big picture.
Again thank you sir. Much appreciated, John
Last edited by JohnLorens on Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.