AD410 Doorbell remain connected to NVR

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
JohnLorens

Re: AD410 Doorbell remain connected to NVR

Post by JohnLorens »

OK, sorry, one more question... Is there an efficient way to reorganize the order of the cameras in a given NVR. For example, one customer has an NV4108 with various POE cameras powered by a POE Switch in ports D1 thru D5 and the AD410 doorbell camera added last as D6. The customer would like to make the AD410 pop up first in the display with the others to follow. Does one have to disconnect and add them in the order or can one change the assignment order. I tried once and because the NVR associated certain IPs to certain POE cameras, it added them back in the original order. Thank you sir
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So to your last post, in most cases there are ways to make your camera pop up on the screen where you want it. It might not be on all Recorders in the options list however in lets say the 4108E-HS or all alike, there is a Sequence on the NVR's GUI that will let the user change the area a camera is on. So in the case where the camera is on Space 6 and want it to load in the NVR's display in space 1 then using the Sequence it will change the display to all channels on the screen you take your mouse and drag and drop ch6 to ch1 and then press apply then when you do a 4 ch split (Grid view) that doorbell will now be on Ch1 spot. In all grid views that is how the doorbell will be displayed in ch1 spot..

Also keep in mind that if they wanted to see a channel that don't get much traffic so they have it on Ch6 however keep the display on 4ch split normally if they put the Ch6 motion event with a Tour when there is an event there it will pop up on the main screen viewing only ch6. So that could also be a working option. However if they wanted to just have it in space one to keep that view on while on 4 split then best to just move it using Sequence or as you said removing the camera and adding it back to Ch1..

About the other things in your question there is just to much there to try and help. With the Security system having access to P2P that is the fastest and easiest option for access to a device from outside of that network. Do I and or have used direct access to my DVR/NVR and other devices from remote sure. However that is not something that someone can just toss out a few lines of text and have someone read and be able to setup a connection to remote location. Plug being connected that way isn't something I would ever ask a customer for access too there are just to many other issues that could come up that I don't want to be part of. If you haven't take a look at the Video I.T. with Pierce Brosnan. That isn't something I would want others to feel like I was apart of when truly I was only working on the CCTV functions of the system..

However if that is something you and your clients want for you to have full network access to their home, Then you would be best left with some help from a Networking person that could help you getting a connection from your clients location to yours.

About training tour, I have not seen anything outside of the short how to connect a camera to ASP and outside of that nothing that I know of. For most there is so much in ASP that it would or could be hard to do some type of video on it that would cover everything and would keep people watching to get to the point they wanted to learn. Also always seems there is something I am learning every time I turn it on.

Jack7 that is on the Forum seems to like ASP, I personally don't use it as much as others. There are some features that are cool and have the ability to setup different views and different things but that is mostly for Viewing. There are some CFG options but really they are LITE compared to local WebUI..

About reconnecting a camera that has gone Rogue! This might not be as easy as saying it without truly being at the install site. I have some remote sites that I have access to over VPN and some cameras I can recover and found there have been a few that I can't after a Reset. Then I have to wait for one of my Son's that is 2000 miles closer to go and do a local site install again to get it recovered. Sometimes it is just an issue of the camera being Wifi and that 100% requires local access to setup the camera again. So for most of my remote systems they are all wired and before the last few years were all BNC it is easier to only worry about 1 IP device.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
JohnLorens

Post by JohnLorens »

Hi Revo2Maxx. Well your recommendation to fix the IP address of the AD410 thru the app has proven to be most stable solution to ensure proper connections with the NVR over time. Thank you.
I plan in the future installations to use NVRs without internal POE Jacks. Instead I will connect all the POE cameras to a POE Switch tied to the same network as the NVR, thereby keeping the network flat and all the cameras POE & wireless on the same subnet. Then the DHCP inside the NVR will not introduce its own different subnet scheme of IPs.
I wonder what will happen if I go back some troublesome installations and change the setup, adding a POE Switch and no longer use the available RJ45 POE jacks. Thoughts ? And what is the function of that DHCP soft switch I find in the NVR on the Network page?
Thanks again, John
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

You can connect cameras over normal network port and not use poe ports at all. Unlike one of my other brand poe nvr that only works on poe ports.

Soft switch on network page? Talking about Virtual Host? Or tab in left side of network called Switch?

If going to use normal network then can just ignore switch and virtual host altogether
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
JohnLorens

Post by JohnLorens »

OK thank you sir. I will follow your suggestion. John