AD410 Doorbell keeps dropping from network

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
savona

AD410 Doorbell keeps dropping from network

Post by savona »

I have recently upgraded from an AD110 to AD410. The AD110 never gave me any problems after the initial setup. I just installed the AD410 and the new chime kit (not sure if it's any different).

I am having nothing but trouble. So far the only thing that worked was the initial firmware update. Now I cant get anything. The live view loads to 99% and sits there, sometimes saying "network error".

I have a continuous ping to it and it drops off the network every 2 minutes or so for about 45 seconds then reconnects. I know it's not the wifi signal because it is in the same spot my old AD110 was for 4 years.

Any ideas?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD410 Doorbell keeps dropping from network

Post by Revo2Maxx »

To be honest there is just way to many things that can cause this issue. On a new Doorbell just installed my guess is that there might be a 3rd party program that you are using the doorbell with that might have made some type of change and from this change the doorbell is very unstable.. First course of action would be to take the doorbell down from mount and reset the camera. This Ad410 has the Reset button in the back of the unit and only way to access it is to remove the doorbell from mount. Reset the doorbell and remove it from the Smart Home app. Once it is reset, setup again in the smart home app. Don't use any 3rd party software or hardware with the device for 2days to a week and see how the camera acts while it is on it own. Sure could access it with AVP or ASP after setting up on Smart home app, However I wouldn't connect to anything or make changes to the camera settings from any app outside of Smart home app. Even with the info from the website talking about changes can be made with IP Tools. Don't do it.. Makes the camera unhappy.. Once tested and working as expected then add to 3rd party hardware or software one at a time again letting the camera work for some time to get an idea where the issue comes from if and when it returns to having that same type issue..
Be Safe.
savona

Post by savona »

The whole thing is a mess.

I took it down and connected the power via USB instead. I did a factory reset and it said "device is hard resetting".

Now there is a spinning green light not a blue light, but I continued anyway. I am using a pixel and I have to manually connect to the devices wifi hotspot and then go back to the app. I get all the way through the setup and it says failed to add to my amcrest account.

At this point I am wondering if I should just return it and get a new one? I have factory reset 5 times so far.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I would make a Ticket with Amcrest, They might have some things they can offer with the issues you are having with the Firmware you installed. I mean if you have tried to reset it 5 times and it is acting this way there might have been an issue with the Update. Again they might have something they would be able to offer through a Ticket to fix it that isn't offered as info found on the forum..

Or Return and replace and I would personally use the Camera for a few days on the Shipped Firmware to get an idea how it works on that one. The one I am using is from 12-01-22, However I don't look at it much anymore seeing it is connected to a NVR and just let it do its thing.
Be Safe.