AD410 doorbell app slow or no longer playing back events

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
lancer

AD410 doorbell app slow or no longer playing back events

Post by lancer »

Hi everyone,

I've been mostly very happy with my AD410 doorbell and its integration into my smart home. However, I now have an issue with the app (installed on my iphone 13). As of a few weeks ago, the event playback feature suddenly stopped working properly. It now runs about a frame every few seconds, if at all. Now, I have to download events to view them at normal speed. The live feed works properly though.

I don't think it is a wifi issue because the signal strength is good and everything else on the app is working properly. AFAIK, there hasn't been a firmware update in a long while... Maybe it is a server issue? Or has my SD card gone bad (although I have only had it for a couple of months)?

I did run into the following reddit post which suggests it may be an issue with iOS?
https://www.reddit.com/r/amcrest/commen ... ed_events/

Does anyone else run into this issue and know how to solve it? Thanks!
MrHankeyz

Re: AD410 doorbell app slow or no longer playing back events

Post by MrHankeyz »

Lancer,
I'm having the same issue with the app in IOS. I highly suspect this is a IOS issue. As for Firmware. I'm unable to find any firmware update. Mine is running 1.000.0000000.7.R.210220
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

Hello,

I also have this problem on my AD410 and also on my dad’s AD110. Separate and fast network connections so not WiFi. It started several weeks back. I use iOS devices. I am part of the Amcrest Community Product Development Group on Facebook. A couple days ago a similar question was posted. The admin responded that they are working on an update to the Smart Home App for iOS. Hope it is soon.
chasebolt

Post by chasebolt »

I also have this same issue. I thought it was the sd card so I bought a brand new sandisk class 10 and same issue. Wifi signal is strong, downloading clips is fast, but playback from sd card is 1 fps.

Current Firmware 1.000.0000000.7.R.210220
Latest Firmware None
uxj

Post by uxj »

I started experiencing this a few months ago as well. Playback in the app is completely useless.
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

Check for new update to app for iOS. I updated and seems to be working. Fingers crossed…
techtomydoor

Post by techtomydoor »

Thank you all for suggesting updating the app! I'm new to Amcrest and the AD410 was my first "trial purchase." I installed it last month and love the doorbell but was disappointed that events didn't play back. Messed with different SD cards, decided to put it off for another day. Today is that day, and lo and behold there was an app update available that fixed the issue! Thank you Amcrest for making a really nice product. My new favorite doorbell cam.