Ad410, does not ring mechanical chime

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
vendo233

Re: Ad410, does not ring mechanical chime

Post by vendo233 »

Guys I`ve been using AD110 for more than 2 years with HA and amcrest2mqtt docker, no issue at all.

Some time ago the doorbell stopped makinf door bell sound when I press the button. There is no sound outside comming from the doorbell and no sound from the mechanical bell inside.

I have tried to factory reset the bell but did not help.

any idea? I did send some commands from internet some time ago in attempt to block some pihole commands, do not remember what and where. Maybe not related.

Is there some command for factory reset? any idea what could be the issue?
adoucette

Post by adoucette »

My AD410 worked for almost a year with two mechanical chimes, and with no changes to the device that I am aware of.
Then one day it just stopped working. Would no longer respond to doorbell press by sending a notification to my phone nor by ringing the mechanical chimes.
Since then I have reset the device multiple times, updated firmware and reset again, deleted and re-added to app each time, and then each time set it up in the app and used the "mechanical chime" option in the app. This has not helped.
I RMA'd the device and did the above. Still does not work.
Though the old 16Vac 30va transformer measured fine with my multimeter, I swapped it with a new one anyway that also measures fine and still doesn't fix the doorbell. Then I upgraded to a 24Vac 40va transformer, without improvement.
I have tested the wires from transformer to doorbell and from doorbell to chimes without voltage drop.
I have also tested the chimes by simply bridging the two wires at the back of the doorbell and they work just fine on their own.
Still the doorbell doesn't work.
Again, it worked fine before, no changes. Now it neither alerts the app of a button press nor rings the mechanical chimes.
What am I missing?
Could this be an issue with one of the newer firmwares? If so, which version should I try downgrading to?
Thank you for any assistance.
Ari
adoucette

Post by adoucette »

I may have found the problem thanks to another thread on this forum.
Looks like I needed to add #backchannel=0 to the end of an RTSP stream that was accessing my doorbell (Frigate on Home Assistant).
It seems that without this, a recently updated version of Frigate and RTSP enables the backchannel on the doorbell, which is used for two-way audio communication, and that causes the doorbell to turn off its response to button presses, so it no longer rings chimes nor sends phone notifications.
Explicitly telling Frigate and RTSP to tell the doorbell to not use that backchannel seems to have solved the problem.
Also note that since Frigate interprets anything after the # character as a comment, I had to wrap the rtsp url in single quotes.
go2rtc:
streams:
front_doorbell_high:
- 'rtsp://admin:[email protected]:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif#backchannel=0'
- 'ffmpeg:doorbell_main#audio=opus'
front_doorbell_low:
- 'rtsp://admin:[email protected]:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif#backchannel=0'
- 'ffmpeg:doorbell_sub#audio=opus'
restream:
enabled: True
force_audio: False
FoxxMD

Post by FoxxMD »

adoucette wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:09 pm I may have found the problem thanks to another thread on this forum.
Looks like I needed to add #backchannel=0 to the end of an RTSP stream that was accessing my doorbell (Frigate on Home Assistant).
Thanks! This was the issue for me as well. This was a lifesaver.