AD410 detecting motion once every minute

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Sparker

AD410 detecting motion once every minute

Post by Sparker »

I got a new modem from my ISP. I ensured that the IP address did not change and I even saved Wifi settings again just to be sure. It was fine for the first few hours or so, but the image would distort every so often bad enough that I decided to reboot the doorbell more than once, well that is when "ghost detections" started, exactly a minute apart
SNAG-0027.jpg
SNAG-0027.jpg (135.79 KiB) Viewed 924 times
I have done everything except a hared reset, which I want to avoid if possible because I can't get to the button on the bell easily.

I have disabled Motion Detection on the AD410 and set Surveillance Center to detect motion, which works well enough, but not as accurate as "by Camera".

Any idea what it could be?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD410 detecting motion once every minute

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Have an answer that is going to come out to something that might upset you and that isn't what this reply is for.

Think the issue is the 3rd party Hardware/software your connecting the doorbell camera too. I say this because I have a NVR that is older in fact a couple of different Recorders that I have connected my Ad410 and 110's to and every time I have to go a do a Hard Reset. So I am guessing that the issue is your SS is making some type of adjustment to the camera just by connecting it. It can be something so little that it would be looked at as not an issue however it is..

The one NVR I have tried to connect my Ad410 3 to 4 times and right after doing so the system gets very bad and so bad that I have to Reset the Camera. Then other is DVR with IP channels and is from Hikvision. Only thing I know for sure that it does is Hard Enable it's name in the Device connected. Even to the point that I can't even find it in some of my other Amcrest cameras WebUI I have to remove it from my normal NVR's and using it's feature for the extra overlay text. Outside of that I don't know what else the DVR's are forcing but each time I have to reset the AD410 so I stop connecting it to them systems.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Sparker

Post by Sparker »

It's not as upsetting as it could be. I messed around with some hhtp level commands to try and change some settings not available in the Amcrest Windows client and Android app (ages ago) and it resulted in the picture stuttering every few seconds, it is very minor, but noticeable and I read that to fix it I would have to hard reset, so now that I have two issues, I guess I am hard resetting the doorbell tomorrow!

It has worked fine for more than a year connected to my Synology DS720+ NAS on Surveillance Station. I balk at resetting because it wipes recordings in the NAS, and I can never get the older recordings added back to the "newly connected" same camera.

Thanks for taking the time to reply :)
Sparker

Post by Sparker »

Well, I left it like that overnight and this morning I set Event detection back to "by Camera" in SS and it is all working normally again. Even the stutter every few seconds is gone. I guess rebooting it a few times helped yesterday.

"By Surveillance Station" sucks because it detects any changes in light, and I do not understand what values to set the "Sensitivity" and "Threshold" (with my previous Hikvision doorbell) it's either too many false alerts or none at all with SS setting.

I may have also reset the http commands that I did earlier by toggling wide view on and off, which may have reset the stream picture quality.