AD410 Crashes When Doorbell Is Pressed

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
bobthebuilder

AD410 Crashes When Doorbell Is Pressed

Post by bobthebuilder »

I installed the AD410 last fall and I believe it worked perfectly. Love the unit and have it hooked up to Blue Iris. I primarily use it as a front camera and notifications of when someone is at the door.

Recently, I noticed when a visitor pressed the button the video crashed. The mechanical bell still rings and I receive a notification on my phone, however the video stops for about 30 seconds and the device seems to reboot. This obviously isn't ideal since I want to have footage of any interaction with a visitor at my door. I don't recall this occurring when I first installed the doorbell.

I'm running a 16v AC (30VA) transformer with the chime kit properly wired. I'm wondering if the chime kit is bad, since it's job is to provide enough power to keep the doorbell running? Has anyone experienced this behavior or have any suggestions?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD410 Crashes When Doorbell Is Pressed

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Need little more info. How is it crashing?

Do you use micro SD or recording only on BI?

I would remove from BI and test doorbell
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
bobthebuilder

Post by bobthebuilder »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:21 am Need little more info. How is it crashing?

Do you use micro SD or recording only on BI?

I would remove from BI and test doorbell
The video feed stops and I've seen the ring light around the door bell button stops spinning and freezes. This happens with both BI and the Amcrest app, so I'm pretty sure it's the device itself. I disabled the BI service and it still crashes. BI is passively receiving the RTSP feed, so I don't understand why that would affect it anyhow.

No micro SD card, only recording via BI.

I'm using this basic chime: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Style-Selectio ... 1002666614
I'm using this transformer: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-Bay ... /309792479

I might try a factory reset, but I get the feeling it's something to do with voltage drop or something at the unit which causes it to freeze up. I guess it could be software too.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I don't know sorry I have my AD410 on my AI NVR and have a Micro SD on Slot of doorbell camera. AD410 is normally if connected right a very forgiving camera. I am not talking about the way yours is connected I am just saying someone hooking it up and not bench testing seeing loads of people have bricked the camera from Bench Testing it however once connected right it is forgiving. For mine it is anyway...

I don't think it is a power issue,
Why do I say this!? Well because the power going to the Camera stores voltage in Medium sized capacitor and by doing so the camera can loose power for almost a Minute before it would go offline. (Now if the Cap was bad then it might have an issue) However if Quality cap was used then it should last much longer then the camera has been out.

Don't know your Chime so I can't say. From the picture it looks Electronic from the post of the ad for it sounds Mech. However either way it is as it says ding dong and Ding so it don't require 7 or 10 second latch from the doorbell camera so should not be an issue with that. Transformer is more then able to run the doorbell and be happy as long as the wiring for the doorbell and chime isn't damaged, to long, or not connected well.

All I know is there have been people talking about AD410 and AD110 not playing well with BI. I don't know why or how I just know that I don't use it I have mine on my NVR..

I do know that the WebPage says that people can use ASP or something to make changes to the Cameras setting to make things look better for their needs. This is False and if someone was to make changes either by something that BI has done or something the user has done it will make the camera un stable and this might be something going on. I know I made the mistake of trying something another person posted and that the Website said it was ok. SO I tried it and my camera went into a Fit and While I did reset the camera it just hasn't been the same since. I mean it works well just the camera at night no longer looks like it did when I first got it. To be fair I like the AD110 video better then the AD410. However I like the lack of false alerts more then quality of picture so I leave the AD410 on the front of the house..
Be Safe
vixhex

Post by vixhex »

AD410 connected to a brand new installed 24V power supply
No physical bell/chime connected
No Amcrest relay installed
Chime selection option was skipped during setup
Every time I press the doorbell button, the unit reboots itself.
Thoughts?

Also, does the Amcrest brand digital chime product not exist? Noticed it advertised but not available anywhere.

I thought the AD110 was bad . . . not sure that fewer false positive motion notifications is worth it.

PS I have to vent . . . why is the volume for the chime heard at the AD410 when doorbell is pressed tied to the same volume slider as the speaker?
Also, whose bright idea was it to BURY the quick responses like 10 taps deep in to the settings?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Don't know what Version your using. On my Samsung S21 Ultra it is under setup and Doorbell Quick Response? Then there are the 3 that it comes with and a + at the top to make my own? I don't have to go 10 deep to get to it?

About the Crash? That sounds like Over Voltage (Or) Maybe Chime was setup? IF you click on Chime and the first option, is there any checks in the area of chime Digital might show how long it is setup for? IN my picture below no checks and for my 410 I don't use a indoor chime and I have mine connected to a 12vdc power supply..

Yes I did read that you said you skipped? I just asking to make sure? Maybe a Reset will be needed to Cure the issue?
Screenshot_20220419-002708_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg
Screenshot_20220419-002708_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg (237.76 KiB) Viewed 5908 times
Be Safe
vixhex

Post by vixhex »

Confirmed Nothing checked in chimes
What is the supported voltage range of the doorbell? I've seen conflicting information. I will switch my transformer out with a 16v and see if that makes a difference.

So I exaggerated saying 10 it's more like 6 actions necessary for quick replies. When the doorbell rings or senses motion you have to go to the app, select the doorbell, select settings, scroll down, select quick replies and then select the reply. Why not just make it a button like the light or siren? Or make it a selection in the notification drop down? Or make it so they auto reply when the doorbell button is pressed?

Also, why is the ad410 timestamp so dull and faded looking (I have 3 other amcrest cameras and formerly an ad110 that don't look like that)? No settings impact this. Factory reset doesn't impact this.

Also any way to get rid of the Amcrest watermark in the bottom right of the screen?

Also, any way to make the multi view (4 screens quad view in the app) stick so you don't have to select the cameras every time?

Also, lots of empty space in the app to make a dedicated button for light flashing mode instead of having to wait and toggle through on/flash/off.

Is there a good way to suggest enhancements and bugs?
vixhex

Post by vixhex »

Update: wired in a different brand new 24v transformer and same thing. Also tried a multi voltage transformer and connected to 16v leads, same thing.

Realized in my previous note I forgot to mention that it gives an error in the app:

Ring the bell
Get "someone is at doorbell" notification on phone
Click on notification
I can see video movement
Hit the green button to talk to the doorbell
App says talk on please start talking
App says "failed to talk"
Ad410 reboots

It does not reboot if you ignore the call from the doorbell or just watch it without picking up.

Edit: just found out that two way audio works when just initiating from the camera page, but only for a few seconds. Then it says fail to talk and it reboots.

Already cleared cache and reinstalled the app. Android note 10 plus. Will try it on an ios device now.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes personally don't sound like a Power issue.

Personally for Power I would be using 12vdc or 16vac. I am not to hot with 24vac use with the doorbells with all the issues that the AD110 had. I know it says use 16-24vac there are just to many things that can go wrong with a 24vac transformer.

I have been using a 12vdc Power supply for my Camera since I installed on my house, I have had it connected to 16vac, and 24vac as well in my testing phase however I moved the 16vac I was using for my AD110 and started using 12vdc since added to front with no issues.

I did have an issue where my camera would act like yours. Only thing that had happened was I tried to make some adjustments to the camera as the Website said it could have some changes via ASP. So after making the changes the camera became unstable. I had to Remove the camera from mount and do a Factory Reset. After doing that Reset the camera no longer crashes when I access it from a push. Also no longer Reboots all the time (not saying yours is or that it would with the issue just saying it was) just in case your is maybe related to making some type of camera adjustment (Bad Idea) since my Reset from button no reboots and things work as expected.

iOS unless you have older Version installed isn't playing well with users on playback. On my older iPhone 6+ I have old software and my playback still works as expected. Just others that say they updated the App or the phone not sure are saying the playback is like an image at a time and not fluid like a video..
Be Safe
vixhex

Post by vixhex »

Good call . . . Yet another factory reset did the trick. That was going to be much later on my to-do list as I had just done one recently.

This time, I disabled the camera in my Synology SVS FIRST.

Upon re-enabling it in SVS, the two way audio fails again.

I get that SVS can "push" settings to cameras but I don't change a whole lot in there, just the video resolutions, periodic time sync, and use the advanced motion sensing for human detection.

Man, I thought that this newer version of the doorbell wouldn't be so finicky. My ADC2W's don't suffer from this.

I'm going to try different profiles in SVS, maybe the AD110 which I worked with Synology to get updated in the past. I realize that Amcrest has a difficult task making these things compatible with third party RTSP solutions, but it just seems like if you look at the cameras the wrong way they stop working sometimes. Not sure if other products on the market suffer from this too? Is there some kind of error log that can be viewed?

Also, every other amcrest camera I have has an option to factory reset from within the smart home app, but not the doorbells. that would be handy.