AD410 Connectivity Issue with NVR5216

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Kraken

AD410 Connectivity Issue with NVR5216

Post by Kraken »

Currently running an Amcrest NVR5216 over an Orbi mesh network. Have 4 Amcrest IP POE running on the NVR (utilizing a POE switch to power cameras). Recently added 2 AD410 cameras & configured with Amcrest Smart Home app & both work accordingly. When trying to connect the AD410 cameras to the NVR the NVR only identifies one AD410. However I am unable to get one AD410 to fully connect with the NVR. The AD410 is connecting directly to the router. Eli with Amcrest tech indicated that this combo has difficultly with mesh networks. Has anyone experienced this issue with a successful resolution to get the AD410 to successfully connect with NVR5216? I can ping the AD410’s without issue.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD410 Connectivity Issue with NVR5216

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum..

Mesh Networks are not that fun when it comes to Wifi IP cameras as a General rule. Some others have setup the network to work only 2.4 and it seems to work for them while others have added an older non mesh router as a second router that the Wifi cameras connect to before then connecting the cameras to a recorder.

I think and only think that the issue with Mesh is caused by the constant changing 2.4 to 5 to make it so things work better from one area to another. Older Routers are best right now when it comes to Ip cameras.

Maybe someone with a Mesh router that has been able to work out the issues can pass some info that could help with your current setup.
Be Safe.
bryeartem

Re: AD410 Connectivity Issue with NVR5216

Post by bryeartem »

I just installed an AD410, have had an AD110 for awhile with no issues. I cannot get the AD410 to connect to my NVR an NV4216E-AI, it sees it, lets me add it but then says cannot reach network host. I have 3 Unifi Access Points, one of which is only about 15-20 feet from the doorbell. The smart home app works fine, no issues, but the NVR will not connect. I have tried both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz, with no difference. Although the 5Ghz does seem to make the Smart Home App more responsive.
I never expected to have an issue getting this to connect... but was quite disappointed when I found quite a few threads related to people with this issue... hopefully someone has some ideas on what else to try, but I'm quite disappointed, really looked forward to this doorbell.