AD410 - connect chime using API?

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
dewzenol

AD410 - connect chime using API?

Post by dewzenol »

My AD410 is connected to a network that has no Internet access. I've configured it with the API so far, but can't seem to get the chime kit to work. How does the AD410 get configured to trigger the chime? I assume the chime itself isn't smart; shorting the contacts on the ad410 would trigger it, right? Does the AD410 need to be configured to fire an event for this to work? Any suggestions on how I can do that with the API?
Thanks!
GaryOkie

Re: AD410 - connect chime using API?

Post by GaryOkie »

So you have not used the SmartHome app to link a digital or mechanical chime? That sets the appropriate config in the firmware. The triggering of the chime/chime kit is purely an electrical contact, and not done by software/API events.
dewzenol

Post by dewzenol »

Correct. I haven't used the app to link the ad410 to the chime kit. So it sounds like the chime kit has no 'brains' and just chimes when the AD410 shorts itself. It doesn't make sense to me that the ad410 should be 'linked' to something that has no unique ID or means of communication. It sounds like the AD410 just needs to be told to trigger a chime by shorting its own contacts. Surely this is a configuration setting in the AD410 that can be turned on or off. Even if it's not an 'event' per se.
I guess if I don't get an answer here, I'll eventually get an android device and install the app, enable the chime, and then compare a new settings dump from the AD410 to an old dump. It may be a while before I get an android device onto this network though. If/when I do, I'll update this thread with what I find.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Sounds like you are quite familiar with the API given that you were able to set up the AD410 completely offline without using the SmartHome app. You are reading too much into the word "link". That is just how the app refers to what sort of doorbell the chime kit connects to, digital or mechanical.

I agree there should be an API configuration in the firmware that identifies the existing doorbell chime info, but it is SmartHome-specific and undocumented. My guess it would be this:
ExternalDoorBell.Enable=true
ExternalDoorBell.Time=3
ExternalDoorBell.Type=1

I have a mechanical doorbell, so that is likely "Type 1". Time? Perhaps a chime kit electrical latch of 3 seconds. The out of the box default I assume would be Enable=false, so it could explain why it's not working for you yet if these are in fact the relevant settings.

Anyway, good luck.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hard to say if this info will ever be released if there is something..

In theory if there was a API to act as if the Button was pushed then there could be bad actors that would/could hack a device and then send the api remotely to give false Doorbell rings. Now Personally I think it would be kind of cool for my own personal use..

Having multi doorbells I looked at mine the ones that are setup with Chime and one without.. These are AD110 however have same data as AD410 that I have without a Chime and shows as 0.

"ExternalDoorBell" : {
"Enable" : false,
"Time" : 3,
"Type" : 0
That is the Static setup for one not being connected and that is from my AD410, Looks the same in the AD110.. My AD110's are setup with a Digital Chime and on the backdoor I left it as 3 seconds and front as 7 because of different tones only difference from the 2 is the time one 3 and 1 is 7 type is 2 and enabled..

"ExternalDoorBell" : {
"Enable" : true,
"Time" : 3,
"Type" : 2

The Chime Kit isn't what rings. It is the Chime that the Doorbell is connected to, The Chime Kit is needed and while it does have a Relay in the kit it isn't for Latch of time or anything to do with how long the bell rings when the Button is pushed. (It is a Solid-State Relay IC)

However in the Camera/Doorbell it self there is a Micro Relay that does deal with the Time when setup for a Delay time within the cameras settings for 3 to 10 seconds.

However there is 1 more point to the system. That is the Wireless Connection of a Wireless Amcrest Doorbell chime. This is something that when setup is Programmed into the cameras settings and I am going to guess is what would be setup in the External Device settings area.. With that setup below then it would know what device to send Wirelessly to chime..

"ExtDevInfo" : {
"ExtDevNum" : 0,
"ExtDevPara" : [
{
"ExtDevSn" : ""
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe