AD410 Chime not working (NuTone Doorbell)

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
dahai8

AD410 Chime not working (NuTone Doorbell)

Post by dahai8 »

Hi, me again, again :lol:
Installed the AD410 Video doorbell and it works great (even from the other side of the globe)
But...
I cannot get the original door chime to work in either Mechanical or Digital Mode.
It's a NuTone Two-Note Door Chime probably original to the home of 1986 and uses a 16v 10w chime transformer (according to the user manual, but we've thus far been unable to find it in the house!)
It looks like this:
NuTone.PNG
NuTone.PNG (491.64 KiB) Viewed 2198 times
And the wiring is like this:
mmexport1662261476881.jpg
mmexport1662261476881.jpg (290.49 KiB) Viewed 2198 times
And the Chime Kit is wired to Trans and Front.

I've tried all the suggestions I could find on this forum and none have worked thus far:
* Try Mechanical and Digital (with Saving each time)
* Rebooted the doorbell after each Chime Type change
* Wired the Chime Kit to Back and Trans (no power to AD410 at all then)
* Different Seconds settings in Digital Chime
* Call Notification is ON
* On the latest Firmware

It Dings outside and we can talk through it. Motion and Human detection all work.

Ideas or do I just need to get a new doorbell? (which means I need to find that stupid transformer :roll: )
dahai8

Re: AD410 Chime not working (NuTone Doorbell)

Post by dahai8 »

P.S. Digging around some more and it appears the transformer does not have enought watts (va). Looks like a 16v 30w unit would be more than enough.
Sound resonable?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes that is going to be what I was going to say. While the AD410 might be able to work on a 10VA it wouldn't be enough to do both is my guess.

Maybe to double check while your waiting for your new Transformer to come in if you ordered online, I would take doorbell camera off wall, Remove Chime Kit, Make the connection of the 2 wires where the doorbell camera was connected (That would be like your old doorbell button being pressed) and see if your Chime rings. If it don't then the wires that were soldered onto the tabs of the doorbell might be damaged behind the red cover.

Taking the 2 wires again this is without Chime Kit being installed at T and F and the camera disconnected. Shorting the 2 wires that you connect to camera would complete the circuit to ring the Chime. If no ring of your Chime it is damaged.
Be Safe.
dahai8

Post by dahai8 »

Yup, chime works ok without the AD410, so new transformer is on the way and we were able to find the old one...which is sooooo old there are no markings on it. But it is really thin, so probably just 10va
Thanks!