AD410 chime kit replacement

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
DaveK

AD410 chime kit replacement

Post by DaveK »

Does anybody know where I can get a chime kit replacement? (the kit that works with the mechanical doorbell)

My AD410 is acting up. It'll ring the doorbell on the upper note, but won't complete the ring I'm guessing because it's busy rebooting itself. I get the notification on the app, but nothing responds because of the reboot. My transformer is a newer 16v/30 mva transformer. I've tried doing a factory reset, and measured the voltage and current at the door bell. It doesn't look excessive based upon what I've found on this forum.

I would like to try to replace the chime kit first if possible before I have to order another doorbell. Mine out of the warranty period.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD410 chime kit replacement

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum.

I would reach out to Amcrest and see if they have any backup that they are not listing on the website. If not I would be willing to mail you out a new Chime kit that is for the AD410 seeing I don't use mine and I have a few doorbells that I have kits from.

Keep in mind that if the Chime kit is bad (Dead) it can kill the camera from using it with a Chime.

Keep in mind there is a lot going on with doorbells, This doorbell is setup with a Battery and if I had to guess that might be the issue with your doorbell. Here is why I say this. If the doorbell isn't setup with Chime kit and or being used with Chime (Indoor bell system) the camera don't turn on a Battery that is inside the unit. When you remove the power from the camera it goes offline right away. With the system setup with the Indoor Bell system, the camera turns on a very small battery as a backup for the time that it is in ring mode. This way it don't drop connection. However if battery is bad there is nothing keeping the camera powered up and it has to wait for the indoor bell system to restore power to the camera.

My guess is that it isn't a Chime Kit but the Cameras internal Battery.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Keep in mind here is how to test this Theory.

Power up the camera, Let it run for longer then 5 min. After some time of it being online remove it from power. That camera should not go offline right away. if it does then the battery is dead. If it goes off in a short time say 2 to 4 seconds then the battery has storage power issues and should be replaced.

However if it don't go off and the camera can stay on for a good time 45second or a minutes then there could be an issue with your home wiring that is causing the system on button press to short out and camera reboots as a way to protect it. (That is just a guess) seeing I have seen a few to many AD410 with needing repairs from using the doorbell without a Chime kit. Kills the camera..
Be Safe.
DaveK

Post by DaveK »

Thanks for you assistance.

I'll test for that today. If it's the battery, is it replaceable or will I have to purchase another unit?
DaveK

Post by DaveK »

Well, the battery appears to be my issue. As soon as I disconnect power it dies.
DaveK

Post by DaveK »

I'm going to look for a replacement. Thanks for your help!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

In theory every battery can be replaced. However finding the right battery type and size might be an issue. There is no Direct Replacement for the camera that one can just go and buy from Amcrest. However removing the back of the camera, Taking 8 screws out of the back that is behind the pads, will reveal the Battery that is being used. Doing a search for that battery might be able to find one that someone is selling. Keep in mind that you will want to double check the connections of the battery if you were to buy a replacement from another source. The connection for the battery might be different and when plugged in might end up being reversed from normal.
Be Safe.
DaveK

Post by DaveK »

Thanks. I've taken it apart and removed the battery. I found one that is close enough on Amazon size wise and the same voltage and milliamp hour. Others has used it to replace batteries in Ring doorbells that have gone bad. I'm going to attempt what they have done and move the circuit board from the old battery pack to the new one.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Here are some pictures of the Lorex Version of the AD410. It has been a while since I had a Ad410 apart but if I remember right the 2 have the same battery. At first I thought it was ran with a Large Cap on a Wire. But that was one of my Other Doorbells, The Ad110 has 2 large Caps. However the Ad410 has a battery. Here is connections and battery type with Model Number
20230712_183102_resized.jpg
20230712_183102_resized.jpg (1.15 MiB) Viewed 5221 times
20230712_183302_resized.jpg
20230712_183302_resized.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 5221 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok, great sounds like you have this under control. Would love to hear how things turn out for you.
Be Safe.