AD410 chime kit replacement

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
peteraquino

Re: AD410 chime kit replacement

Post by peteraquino »

DaveK wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:41 am Success!! I had to remove the little circuit board from the new battery and move the board from the old battery to the new battery. It works great now! Nothing like fixing it with a $10 dollar item then having to purchase a new one. :-)
Hi Dave, can you share a link to the battery you purchased? I’m looking to do the same.
DaveK

Post by DaveK »

This is the one I used:

AKZYTUE 3.7V 200mAh 602025 Lipo... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C9R84QS?re ... b_ap_share
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Thanks for posting that link to a battery replacement. In another forum a user reported his AD410 failed due to a badly swollen battery. He was wanting to try a replacement even though it would not power up via transformer AC or USB 5V either.

Last week my AD410 kept shutting down several times/day (not at night) due to extreme outside heat (>103F). Temp on the doorbell itself was 140F or so. It's working fine now in the 90's, but I would not be at all surprised if the heat has damaged its battery and is starting to expand. This can actually cause the bottom of the case to crack open. Swollen lithium batteries are an increased fire risk too.

BTW - that little circuit board on top of the battery is actually a heater! Hopefully it only comes on in the cold.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am going to guess if it won't power up with a good 5v Usb power supply (I use the Amcrest 5v one for my ASh21 or any of my 841's with the right cable and have had no issues being able to power). I have not tried a lower power 5v unit but if it is bad from battery damage it might have damaged the power board in the camera. USB and main power are in different parts of the Circuit setup but could have damaged both of the Fuses. Main fuse is in front of the Doorbell camera all PCB's have to come out and there is a smaller fuse facing the back and can be seen when the back plate is removed. I think to OP camera worked on main power until the button was pressed.

So I am wondering if they are talking about just moving the heater or if they had to remove the Battery Protection board? and install on new battery? It looks like it has a protection board built in? Would be interesting to know if only heater and connection part is needed or if board needs to be swapped?
Be Safe.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Typed up a detailed reply... it vanished on submit. Happens way too often and I'm fed up.
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

GaryOkie wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:13 amTyped up a detailed reply... it vanished on submit. Happens way too often and I'm fed up.
I've had the same thing happen to me several times and I've got around it by hitting my browser navigation back button a couple of times after logging in again and that brings the whole text back again. You can then submit your post normally.

It seems to me that the forum is 'timing out' logins. I'll raise this problem now.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
bumpinaltima

Post by bumpinaltima »

So I think I have the same issue. Purchased the battery, is it required to replace the board on the battery, or was your board bad? Any pics of the board change out?

Thanks for any help. I have tools to do the job if needed?
kgstorm

Post by kgstorm »

I also had the problem where the AD410 was restarting whenever the doorbell was pressed. I bought a battery

I think I chose one because it had three wires as shown in the one of the pictures in this thread.
It turns out that the battery was a bit bigger than the one in the AD410 and the connector was different as well.

Howevwr, I was able to gently pull the wires and metal clips out of the connectors on the old and new battery and put the new wires into the old connector.
I was also able to fit the bigger battery into the AD410 housing without much problem.

Reinstalled the AD410, gave it an hour to charge, and can now ring the doorbell, which now fully rings the mechanical chime (used to die half way through) without rebooting itself!
Superdave4444

Post by Superdave4444 »

I registered for this forum specifically to thank DaveK for sharing info on the battery fix. Much appreciated, Dave!

Some time last year (just months out of warranty) my AD410 started rebooting everytime the button was pressed. I thought it was a failing power supply so I upgraded the 16v 30A supply with no success. Eventually I found the battery replacement fix and it took care of the issue immediately.

The original battery was quite swollen. It gave a voltage reading of 3.84v but could not support the camera when the button was pressed. The new battery also gave a voltage reading of 3.84v, and works perfectly with the transplanted BMS. Here are some photos from the install:

* Original battery swollen and apparently damaged during factory installation. The main gasket was also twisted, stretched, and not seated in its groove.

* Original battery with heater and kapton tape removed.

* BMS soldered to new battery.

* New battery with kapton tape and heater installed back in camera.

* New battery with kapton tape and heater installed back in camera
mooch91

Post by mooch91 »

Hey all,

Just found this thread.

Dealing with an AD410 that just started rebooting when the button is pressed, seeming to happen more at night, possibly when things are cold. I don't notice it happening during the day when it's sitting in the sunlight.

If I'm understanding correctly, this symptom, and a situation where it loses power immediately after disconnecting the transformer, indicate a bad battery? Are there any other things to check first?

I have the Amazon battery on order and believe I understand the replacement process, but I'd like to confirm any other possibilities before breaking it open.

Thanks!