AD410 - Change doorbell press ringtone

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
sydneysider

AD410 - Change doorbell press ringtone

Post by sydneysider »

Hi everyone,

I am running the Amcrest AD410 with the Amcrest Smart Home App.

One thing I can't seem to customise was the ringtone when someone rings the doorbell. Currently, when my phone is NOT on silent, it seems to play the ringtone I have on my phone for phone calls for about 2 or 3 seconds at a very high volume.

I would ideally like to change the ringtone if possible (so it's obvious it's not a regular phone call without having to look at my phone) as well as the volume (it is way too loud..).

Would anyone know how to change this?'

Thanks
GaryOkie

Re: AD410 - Change doorbell press ringtone

Post by GaryOkie »

I can provide instructions how to do change AD110/AD410 ringtone notifications for Android SmartHome v3.12.2. Future versions may change things.

open Android Settings
select Search icon
enter "Amcrest"
select "Amcrest Smart Home"
select "Notifications"
select "Notification Categories".
Results in 7 notification categories that Amcrest SmartHome has defined:
ASHringtones.jpg
ASHringtones.jpg (54.82 KiB) Viewed 1962 times

These notification categories are undocumented and are rather nonsensical . Through trial and error, here's what the notifications refer to:

Zencam - Human Detected (AD410 only)
push_four_tone_doorbell_long_tone - Doorbell Button pressed (AD110/AD410)
push_melody_tone - Motion Detected (AD110/AD410)

The other 4 categories are not used for doorbells as far as my testing has found. Also, no matter what doorbell tone you select in the SmartHome app, these sounds or notifications remain the same.

To change the doorbell pressed notification:
select the push_four_tone_doorbell_long_tone
select Sound
select any desired existing ringtone from the list, such as "Bells".

You can create your own custom notification sounds, even using voice notifications like "Human Detected at Front Door". There are a lot of guides online you can find for how to do this, but it basically boils down to creating an MP3 file, download to your phone and have it copied to the ringtones and notifications folders, then selecting it per these instructions.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

push_default_alarm is for Motion on the AD410.
Be Safe.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Hmm, not on my phone it isn't. I don't normally enable Motion Detection, just Human Detection - BUT I tested it again with Motion enabled, and confirmed that push_melody_tone is the motion notification sound for the AD410 as well as AD110.

Amcrest never bothered to set up useful custom sounds for their phone doorbell notifications - it just defaults to whatever your phone default sounds are so they all sound alike.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Interesting I wonder why it is different for me. I have the one you mention setup for my Default Verizon tone and I don't normally have motion turned on either normally. So I turned on motion and changed Push_Default_Alarm for my Ring Motion alert and setup the Ring Human alert for human and oddly mine works on them. I didn't look at the AD110 as no one right now to test one at the install location so I didn't bother changing them.

Wonder why it is different for me.

I don't know maybe my Smart Home app is different. I made a Unlisted Video of my setup. It is odd because I have tested it a few times since and even reboot the camera and the phone and still the same So I thought I would make a Video see if I am doing something different?

https://youtu.be/KgVfbbl4VmU
Be Safe.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

I didn't notice anything different that would matter. I only saw that your list of notifications included an "AlarmSoundFilter" at the top that my Samsung Android 12 OS/UI 4.1 doesn't have. And I assume you are running the same SH app version as I.

I like that you created custom verbal notifications, which is exactly what I have done too. When the phone is in your pocket, it's better to have the notifications announced rather than a standard ringtone.

Anyway - anyone following these instructions will quickly find out which notification categories are correct for their phone. At least they can see it can somehow vary on different phones for reasons we can't explain.

EDIT: If anyone found this post useful, please respond if the notification categories worked as I described or were different as Revo mentioned.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hummm, Using a Dec 1st Patched Android Ver 13 UI Ver. 5.0 on a Samsung S21 Ultra 5G, using SmartHome Ver. 3.12.2

Strange that it would be one way for one and another way for another. Doubt it has anything to do with being on Ver13 over the 12.
Be Safe.
sydneysider

Post by sydneysider »

Thanks Gary - should have thought to look at Android settings rather than app settings.

For me, "zencam" is human detection and "push_default_ringtone" is door button press. I don't have a "push_default_alarm" or "push_four_tone_doorbell_long_tone" in my settings.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@GaryOkie So I found out I think why I have some extra or different settings than others.

I have few different Smart Home devices and it seems that they might have added some extra things to my app that others might not have. (This is only a Guess)

So I will have to delete all my Doorbells and other devices from the app and only add back the AD410 and see what it gives me.

I mean, I have 3 AD110, a AD410, ASH21, ASH26, ASH47 and the battery camera with Base.
Be Safe.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Revo - ok, thanks for all that trouble to better understand where these ringtones differences are coming from.

I only have an AD110 & AD410 doorbell from the SmartHome line, and my SH app was installed fresh on a new phone recently. All my other cameras are the IPC line from either Amcrest or Dahua. So it seems unlikely that installing various ASH cameras is the reason behind these differences, but I'm glad you are attempting to find out.

I would like to go back and edit my post to clarify that differences can occur - without someone having to plow through all the following posts.

As a forum admin, do you have the ability to change the post Edit option to a much longer timeframe (like months)? 15 minutes max or so can be a very frustrating limitation.