AD410 - Broken

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD410 - Broken

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am sorry I don't know what is wrong with your Doorbell, The issue with AD410 from my understanding is that a AD410 that was connected wrong (without chime kit and setup for a chime) when the button was pressed it will from then on kill the AD410 and never return to working order while connected to Connecters on the back only USB.

I have not had one that has failed. I have repaired over 20 AD110, I have tried to find one (Ad410) that I could buy that was bad but seems like no one wants to sell them. So I will keep waiting. Soon someone will be out of RMA Warranty and one will go for sale and I with any luck will get it. I have an idea of what I think is bad in the Camera and even if I am wrong and it is broke worse then I think it is, I have places that I can use it under USB power stand alone..

So if what your saying is, That when yours went bad, Connecting it again will power until button is pressed then won't recover? Or you just mean killing it the first time?
Be Safe.
elvisimprsntr

Post by elvisimprsntr »

BACKGROUND

Just to let everyone know, I was able to confirm what @Revo2Maxx suggested in his previous post. The key is during initial set up to not select or skip the mechanical or electronic third party chime option. No resistor and no chime kit required. In the case of the Lorex firmware, once you have selected either option you can only toggle between the two options. There is no option to select none after initial set up.
setup
setup
setup.png (277.38 KiB) Viewed 1119 times
LACK OF WARNINGS

My biggest issue is there is no warning in any of the documentation and nothing in the Lorex Home app during initial setup. Also seems like a design flaw that a device can be software configured in a way that causes damage.

DOORBELLS IN MY HOME

I have 3 Lorex B451AJD (Amcrest AD410), two are wired to a mechanical chime (front and rear), the other is wired directly off the transformer. All three and the mechanical chime are on the same 16VAC/30VA transformer.

voltage
voltage
voltage.jpeg (169.31 KiB) Viewed 1119 times
current
current
current.jpeg (141.48 KiB) Viewed 1119 times
elvisimprsntr

Post by elvisimprsntr »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:13 pm I have tried to find one (Ad410) that I could buy that was bad
Since Lorex sent me two replacements under warranty and have not asked for the original units back, I basically have two AD410 (Lorex B451AJD equiv.) that are fully functional when powered via USB. I tried to PM, but I don't have permission. Let me know if interested.

B451AJD
B451AJD
IMG_1437.jpg (3.13 MiB) Viewed 1110 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am interested, I sent you a DM.

Yes the DM's are setup that 10 message in the forum needs to be reached before DM are open as a way to help protect from Spammers.
Be Safe.
elvisimprsntr

Post by elvisimprsntr »

Done
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

For anyone that might have a Lorex and have tried to get the Splash Text off. Not sure if there was other way already reported however I was able to from my NVR..

Keep in mind any settings you change in the camera VIA a 3rd party app or hardware is very Risky.

Just going to my 4108E-HS NVR on older FW and going to the Channel of the Doorbell camera, then changing to the Overlay area of the screen takes it out. I didn't even make a change in the settings I just went to the page. Oddly it does the same to the Amcrest AD410 as well lol..
Screenshot (3797).png
Screenshot (3797).png (907.57 KiB) Viewed 1057 times
Be Safe.