AD410 and mechanical chime doesn't work

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
zoso060

AD410 and mechanical chime doesn't work

Post by zoso060 »

I have a new install on new renos. No previous doorbell.

The AD410 works fine, I'm trying to connect to a mechanical chime, it doesn't work. I've tried changing the chime settings in the app. It doesn't make a difference.

If I short out the chime, it rings. If I disconnect the chime kit, the chime starts to buzz but does ring when the doorbell is pushed.

I have a 16v 10vac transformer.

Everything is wired per the instructions.

TIA.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD410 and mechanical chime doesn't work

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

The Doorbell needs a 16vac 30va Transformer. So while your camera might work at times with the doorbell isn't there isn't enough power to get past some of the flow blocks. Also a 10va isn't going to have enough current to deal with the after ring inrush. My guess is that your 10va is also going into an under voltage state and the lower the voltage the higher the current.

So I am not going to get into the I = P/V and all that. However i will say that a 10va 16vac transformer is running about 0.625a or same as 625ma. However the same power supply if it goes lower in voltage because the transformer is a non regulated device it will increase the current output. Lets say it is somethere around 9 volts. Now that would increase the current to around 1.12 amps
Be Safe.
zoso060

Post by zoso060 »

Thank you. Switching to a 16vac 30va transformer worked. The first one I bought was DOA.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Glad to hear you got it working.
Be Safe.