AD110 unable to factory reset

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
ssinseeme

AD110 unable to factory reset

Post by ssinseeme »

somehow my AD110 stop working, the bell wont work and i lost connection. I tried resetting the WIFi but pushing the reset button once wont hear the active hot spot. i factory reset but nothing is happening the ring light remain blue and nothing else. Email supported they ask to RAM but i passed the warranty time. IS there anything can do?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD110 unable to factory reset

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

So wondering as I am sure you did but have you tried turning off the power to the camera for a short time maybe 5 or 10 minutes. Then Restore the power and see if the camera acts any different?

I would do that, Then Press and hold the Reset button and see if it says that it is hard resetting. Once and if it does reset then setup again. You will want to remove it from your Smart Home app and add it back in like new. If oddly it ask you for the current PW just reboot your phone and try to setup again after the phone comes back up..
Be Safe.
ssinseeme

Post by ssinseeme »

thanks for the tip. yes i did power it down and seat for days. i power up with no luck. when i push the button for wifi hot spot i dont hear the voice to set up. and when i reset to factory default nothing happen the LED ring flash green from blue and nothing happens.
power supply is 20VAC correct.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes you can use a 20vac power supply will work.

Not sure how long you have held the button. There should be a voice that says you have reset the camera. It could be that it is dead.. Not sure why or how if there is light there should be access to the reset button. However if you turned off the voice of the camera then you wouldn't hear anything about the hot spot.

The Reset I would have to double check as I am not 100% sure but I think might change to blinking not just a color change from blue to green. I will have to reset one of my 110 to find out as it has been a while since I have reset one.
Be Safe.
ssinseeme

Post by ssinseeme »

"It could be that it is dead.." I don't hear the voice for hot spot nether the hard reset.
i was wondering if someone know how to upload/flash firmware with usb. it looks like it lost it brain. the camera powers up. wondering also if this Amcrest playing a game with it customer with 2 years life time. no warranty after a year and the camera last 2 years.
it must be a way to reset these camera " hard wire"
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah I don't think Amcrest is messing with anyone when it comes to the devices. I have 3 Ad110 and much older then 2 years old and They have not done anything like that with other peoples cameras.

about Flash with USB or some other way not sure of a way. I mean there are others that Hack cameras but not something they normally do to cameras that don't already function. Then there isn't an easy way to just go about telling someone over a Forum on what to do to do such a update.

You could take the Camera off the wall, There is a small area on the back that has a cover over it that isn't a normal type cover that one could move normally as it is Tapped down. Behind that cover is a USB port that you could try and test on your Desk. Because of the way the area is, this is something that they didn't Advertise and by moving the tape it will make it less secure when it comes to water like rain or house being washed so keep that in mind. I would replace it with a good water tight tape if you going to expose to the rain after fixed..
Be Safe.