AD110 UK Install Mobile APP Issues Crashing using QR + S/N

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Hollypranks

AD110 UK Install Mobile APP Issues Crashing using QR + S/N

Post by Hollypranks »

Hi Folks, What a pain in the chops this is not working out of the box !!!!

The app just keeps crashing when adding Smart Doorbell. I cant move forward at all. ?

Help needed -

Have registered and downloaded app Installed on Android S7.
Smart Doorbell installed (BRITISH GENERAL FORTRESS 8-24V AC 8VA BELL TRANSFORMER MODULE .
Into chime - Honeywell Home Ding Dong Classic Wired Doorbell , 8-16v.
Blue light , Hit reset, on the side , Press once join wifi. Click on Mobile app Crash.

I cant progress anywhere forward as the mobile app simply crashes.

Door bell rings from the outside, But cant connect to it.

Any thoughts? Any additional information let me know .
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD110 UK Install Mobile APP Issues Crashing using QR + S/N

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello Welcome to the forum

So first the Transformer isn't going to work for the AD110. There are people that have tried to use the 10va and while some have been able to get it to work others have bricked the camera using such a small transformer..

For the Ad110 it is said while working with a indoor bell system it is best to use a 30va. That will help with Powering the Indoor chime and also help with keeping the doorbell running at night and after doorbell button is pressed.. With doing an Update on such a low VA transformer I am going to guess the camera will brick.. So maybe the App crashing is a God Send..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Hollypranks

Post by Hollypranks »

So it a case of replacing the BRITISH GENERAL FORTRESS 8-24V AC 8VA BELL TRANSFORMER MODULE to >>> SRS 12V AC / 24V AC transformer (30VA) 3-DIN mount ? But that is 12V or 24V ( No 16V)

Or

Endurance Pro 16V 30VA Doorbell Transformer from the US ?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Not really good unless you want to connect your AD110 as stand alone no indoor chime then 24vac is fine. Just make sure to not use chime kit and pass adding the indoor chime (skip) in app then all is well
Be Safe
Hollypranks

Post by Hollypranks »

Thats not an option, I want to use the chime kit. Those other transformers are 120v for US.

So who in the UK has this AD110 Smart doorbell working using what transformer or power supply. Need 16v 30va 230/240v? Any recommendations please. ??

Must be someone, otherwise this is a redundant product for the UK relating to this set up . Using chime indoors and Smart doorbell.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I am not sure about the Laws there in the UK, I know there are many different Transformers that offer 120v and also a 240v with the same Transformer.. First one off the top of my head is a EI5730 and that one has many different forms of the supply where some only provide 20va however there are some for sure that are 120v 240v with 16vac at 30va.. Most times it will come with a Wiring Diagram so you know how to wire up the thing to work with 240.

I guess it must be different there and things can't be Box Mounted like it can here in the USA.. Normally the Transformer sits outside the High Voltage plate.. With the High Voltage going into a Box that you can use for Light or Switch, Plate with a Hole the Transformer connects only with the Low Voltage exposed.. Also kind of good idea to help keep the Transformer cool seeing it can heat up and if it was mounted inside a Box it would over heat..
Be Safe
Hollypranks

Post by Hollypranks »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:50 pm connect your AD110 as stand alone no indoor chime then 24vac is fine. Just make sure to not use chime kit and pass adding the indoor chime (skip) in app then all is well
Changed the wiring to 24V on the BRITISH GENERAL FORTRESS 8-24V AC 8VA BELL TRANSFORMER MODULE in the consumer unit. No chime kit added or indoor chime , just connected direct.

Smart doorbell > Transformer > BRITISH GENERAL FORTRESS 8-24V AC 8VA BELL TRANSFORMER MODULE

Mobile App still crashes immediately after QR code scan. - Is this due to the Transformer being 8VA ?

Making me think if this Amcrest Smart doorbell AD110 is worth it in the UK.
Hollypranks

Post by Hollypranks »

Would this work > https://images.app.goo.gl/4uqAgMiDjDAeAQrM7

Makrai ME.TRE-30 | Transformer 30VA 16V (1,81A) IP44
?

Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

It looks like it would be good enough.. the 1,81A normally I see these marked like 1.81A wonder if they just use the , or if that is how it works there.. But yes a 16vac transformer 30va is 1.875amps. so the 1.81amps would be the same for a 16.5vac at 30va is 1.81818181amps.. That would be great to use and as long as your doorbell is also 16v type and not 8 or 10v you should be fine.. Again only time you need to use Kit is if indoorbell is in use. Stand alone no kit needed and just make sure to Skip the Adding of the doorbell..
Be Safe
Hollypranks

Post by Hollypranks »

Ok looking at my options and I've come across these two - Can you let me know which would be suitable , Unable to find a 30VA as yet.

124VA - VEMER VN318200 model TMC 24/24 DIN-rail mounting safety transformer for continuous service 230V/12-24V. Colour Grey > https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00F4QFH4O/ ... TF8&psc=1

Or the other option is a 40VA >

VEMER VN320800 model TMC 40/24 DIN-rail mounting safety transformer for continuous service 230V/12-24V. Color Grey
by Amazon
Learn more: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00F4QIL06/ ... UTF8&psc=1

Thanks again